Memory foam matresses by FBM or sleepmemoryfoam.com?
Oct 2, 2009 12:19 AM
I know this seems more a latex forum, but has anyone ever bought a mem foam mattress from either of these companies?  I have bought latex from FBM, but never a full mattress or mem foam.  I'm trying to build a twin size "lounger" that will sit behind my home theater recliners as an additional "row" of seating, but more a place to lounge, snuggle with the kids, etc. for movies.  It woujld be raised so just see over the chairs. 

I built 2 beds with latex bases (from FBM) and mem foam top layers (we like cushy soft) but the mem foam came from cloud 9 and Healthy foundations.  I would upholster this, not use sheets, but I'm looking for the same feel.  I could save quite a bit by buying a mattress, since this would mainly be a couch, rather than a bed.  I had never bought (or heard of)  sleepmemoryfoam.com, and can't find any reviews, but their prices are good, and they claim to use all American made foam.  Also they give a military discount.  Anyone have any feedback?  Also, I know many here buy from FBM, but I searched and can't find any reviews of their mem foam mattresses (not toppers).
This message was modified Oct 2, 2009 by jeffandpamsmith
Re: Memory foam matresses by FBM or sleepmemoryfoam.com?
Reply #1 Oct 2, 2009 2:45 AM
I'd just like to point out that memory foam wears out relatively fast.
As an example, I bought a Tempurpedic pillow when they first came out. LOVED it for the first year or so. After that it became so soft it had practically NO support.
I've also experienced this though even a more rapid breakdown with other memory foam. If this is something you expect to last, I would think that using HR foam which is cheaper, or latex, with a memory foam "topper" - something like a 2" Sensus from overstock.com - would be a better option. That way - just like we say about not buying a mattress with a pillowtop - when the top layer breaks down you can just replace the topper. Just my cent and a half.
Re: Memory foam matresses by FBM or sleepmemoryfoam.com?
Reply #2 Oct 2, 2009 2:56 AM
I purchased a Tempur-pedic Millenium pillow,now called Sidepillow,about 8 years ago. Only now am I looking to replace.

Purchased a 4 inch 5.3 lbs topper from an online store(I forgot the name) ten years ago. I gave that to my Dad. He is still using it.

So no, memory foam can last quite a while. At least if it is not the super cheap stuff.

Recent Posts