Mattresses equivalent to Four Seasons Hotel's Stearns & Foster, Simmons beds?
Mar 17, 2014 11:16 AM
I know that Four Seasons Hotels used to have custom mattresses made by Stearns & Foster, and are now switching to a Simmons model. I slept on the former - best sleep ever - and would like to buy an equivalent in King or Cal King. Four Seasons does sell their beds directly - albeit at rather steep prices. Therefore, I wonder if I could find the same (or very similar) models by both manufacturers, at other retailers. I know that the hotel would say that their beds are custom and unavailable elsewhere. But I am guessing (nay, hoping, and could be wrong) that they are derivations of other, more widely available models. 

Does anyone know which models from both Stearns & Foster and Simmons most closely resemble those offered by the Four Seasons? For example are S&F Lake Shore (Costco) or Hotel Collections similar?

thanks!
Re: Mattresses equivalent to Four Seasons Hotel's Stearns & Foster, Simmons beds?
Reply #1 May 19, 2014 12:38 PM
mattressHunter wrote:

I know that Four Seasons Hotels used to have custom mattresses made by Stearns & Foster, and are now switching to a Simmons model. I slept on the former - best sleep ever - and would like to buy an equivalent in King or Cal King. Four Seasons does sell their beds directly - albeit at rather steep prices. Therefore, I wonder if I could find the same (or very similar) models by both manufacturers, at other retailers. I know that the hotel would say that their beds are custom and unavailable elsewhere. But I am guessing (nay, hoping, and could be wrong) that they are derivations of other, more widely available models. 

Does anyone know which models from both Stearns & Foster and Simmons most closely resemble those offered by the Four Seasons? For example are S&F Lake Shore (Costco) or Hotel Collections similar?

thanks!

MattressHunter.  The only way to find out which S&F mattress is the one made for 4 Seasons is to rip into them and compare coil count, gauge and the layers of material on top of the coils as well as the material type.  The rumor is that the S&F Traditional line is very similar to what 4 Seasons use.  Lay on one and see.  Mattdud.

Re: Mattresses equivalent to Four Seasons Hotel's Stearns & Foster, Simmons beds?
Reply #2 May 23, 2014 1:08 PM
So I found a sheet that has the innards of the new Simmons version posted here: http://d1xejl9xcsndu9.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/signature-sleep-by-Four-Seasons.pdf

The Stearns and Foster lineup is older models, but most similar to their Estate collection. 

The Simmons model appears to be completely custom, not like anything in their "Recharge" lineup. If a retailer has a step up above the recharge line, that would be most similar. 

Recent Posts