Mattress Topper HELP!
Jul 29, 2012 12:30 PM
A year and half ago my wife and i bought a Denver Durango Mattress (firm) that has not offered the support I needed.  I have a bad back--lower disc degeneration and chronic back tension.  So we bought a Sleep Better 2" extra firm foam mattress topper on Amazon a year ago and that did the trick for a month or two.  Now I am waking up evernight feeling like I've been beaten by sock with a roll of quarters in it. My wife too.  Basically, there are two hole where my wife and I sleep in the foam.  I am about 220 lbs. 

I just came from vacation and slept on many different beds (including a cot in a dorm room), all of which gave me a decent night sleep!  ACK!

Anyway, my instinct is to just buy a thicker topper; the same product but 5" thick.  But I have a couple concerns:

1.  Allergies: We both have them and something hypoallergenic would be great.

2.  Temperature: by most accounts, the foam affects sleeping temperature.

Mostly, I am not sure what the right product is for me.  I have narrowed it down latex toppers, the foam, and memory foam--is there another product I am missing?  If I understand right, given my bed already doesn't provide enough support, I am thinking memory foam is maybe not the best idea.  Does that sounds right? Is latex firm enough?

I'd love any advice or pointed to specific products would be great.  I think $300 is the max of our budget, but will take a serious look at anything.

Also, I am open to MATTRESS VOODOO, so if there is some combination for products--from plywood to banana peals--that would suggest, I'd be very open.

THANKS!!! 

Recent Posts