mattress pad/cover recommendations?
Feb 5, 2008 7:05 PM
I am going to get a latex flobed.  What works / doesn't work between the bed and the bottom sheet?  It seems like I could make the bed pretty uncomfortable with the wrong pad.  What do y'all like? 
Re: mattress pad/cover recommendations?
Reply #1 Feb 5, 2008 7:51 PM
Sometimes I sleep with a regular mattress pad with polyester filling with a fitted sheet on top. Other times, I just sleep with a fitted sheet over the comfortable zipped up mattress cover that FloBed sent to me. I am comfortable both ways.  I do know I never buy mattress pads or sheets less than 300 count since then they are not soft and are crinkley to me.
Re: mattress pad/cover recommendations?
Reply #2 Feb 6, 2008 5:26 AM
A regular mattress pad will work. I like the kind with the horizonal band quilting rather than the tighter diamond type quilting. They feel much softer and allow the latex to conform to your body without running into the trampoline effect of the tighter quilting patterns. If you prefer something even softer you can get a stretch terry mattress pad. That would provide the least amount of interference between your body and the mattress. In another post you mentioned a baby, so you might be better off getting a waterproof mattress pad. I don't care for the way the plastic liner in these things feels when you lie on it, but on the other hand you do want to keep the mattress clean and sanitary. You're going to have it for a long, long time. In fact that baby will probably be off to college before you need to replace it!
This message was modified Feb 6, 2008 by cloud9

Recent Posts