Mattress firm salespeople suck
May 6, 2012 3:11 PM
So I go to mattress firm. The guy tells me all beds are good. he never moves from his chair. I asked him several specific questions but his reply was one to all. All beds are good. all tempurpedics will suit me fine.

This is not just 1 store. I had simillar experience in other store too. the girl saleswoman just kept lying about makeup of tempurpedics even though I questioned her about them specifically.

Am I customer a sucker/ Do I look stupid? Should a customer be treated with lies like this?

Re: Mattress firm salespeople suck
Reply #1 May 6, 2012 8:58 PM
I don't think most mattress salespeople know much of anything about the construction of mattresses. 99.9% of all mattress sales are made to people who lie on the mattress and make a decision. The job of the salesperson is to arrange pick up and delivery, talk about financing, and say something about warranties. If you ask something like "does the extra tufting help preload the top foam for extra firmness without compromising spinal alignment?" you are out of their experience. Mattresses just are not sold based on construction details. This is an industry where the sale's decision is based on tactile feel. If you purchased an apple, you would buy it on price, flavor, and texture. You wouldn't ask about the fertilizer used, the date it was picked, the rainfall patterns the year it was picked, whether it was stored and transported ina nitrogen environment, etc. Many people on this board are asking questions that sales people have never heard of or thought about.
Reply #2 May 8, 2012 6:28 PM
crock wrote:

I don't think most mattress salespeople know much of anything about the construction of mattresses. 99.9% of all mattress sales are made to people who lie on the mattress and make a decision. The job of the salesperson is to arrange pick up and delivery, talk about financing, and say something about warranties. If you ask something like "does the extra tufting help preload the top foam for extra firmness without compromising spinal alignment?" you are out of their experience. Mattresses just are not sold based on construction details. This is an industry where the sale's decision is based on tactile feel. If you purchased an apple, you would buy it on price, flavor, and texture. You wouldn't ask about the fertilizer used, the date it was picked, the rainfall patterns the year it was picked, whether it was stored and transported ina nitrogen environment, etc. Many people on this board are asking questions that sales people have never heard of or thought about.

then why are these people telling lies about specific quesions on mattresses? is lying part of job?  they could say i dont know easily but they are making up stuff inorder to sell the mattresses.

This message was modified May 8, 2012 by chrisw
Reply #3 May 9, 2012 1:59 AM
I had a very good experience at a Mattress firm with a salesman.  They seem to vary quite a bit.

The deal I had made included 2 pillows and an expensive mattress protector. Upon doing more research, we decided to go with latex instead of memory foam, so I canceled the order, offering to pay for the pillows and cover.  Well, they charged FULL suggested retail for those items, so they came out alright despite losing the mattress sale...
So, if you're getting a package deal, my advice is to have the smaller items delivered at the same time- don't take them with you.  If you cancel the order it is easier that way.

Reply #4 May 25, 2013 9:03 AM
Everything in mattress firm is marked up 40%-60%. If you want to save money just tell them the price your gonna pay amd stick with it. They will do whatever you want.
This message was modified May 25, 2013 by the_truth

Recent Posts