Mattress Firm 1 year return or is it exchange policy?
Nov 8, 2011 3:14 PM
First of all I like to thank slpngc for his cloud recommendation.

I have had a spinal surgery recently so it is hard for me to sit or even come to a computer.

But I have taken a ride to many stores - 7-8 infact.

I have not found a single salesman that is honest yet!

They know little about tempurpedics even though they have been selling them for years!

They lie, they misrepresent, they tell me half truths.

They tell me all tempurpedics are great. That they never had 1 SINGLE RETURN ON ANY TEMPURPEDICS. THAT THEY NEVER HAD 1 SINGLE COMPLAINT ABOUT THEM.

Not 1 salesman but all of them told me this.

Unbelievable!

How can I trust these people? how can anyone trustthem.

I have been to 5 MATTRESS FIRM STORES AND 3 MATTRESS GIANT STORES. AND THEY ALL LIE AND LIE.

continuing...

Re: Mattress Firm 1 year return or is it exchange policy?
Reply #1 Nov 8, 2011 3:15 PM
Now I would like to ask someone about the 1 year return or is it exchange policy of Mattress Firm. what is it? are there any disclaimers, any deceptive wording in small letters?
Reply #2 Nov 8, 2011 3:50 PM
Joed wrote:

Now I would like to ask someone about the 1 year return or is it exchange policy of Mattress Firm. what is it? are there any disclaimers, any deceptive wording in small letters?

Hey Joed, thanks for that, and again, sorry for being harsh before.

See their policy below.  They could give you the printed policy or make a copy when you visit.

It's a 100 day return period with Mattress Firm.  It's actually return  or exchange, but don't do exchanges!  I'm virtually certain exchanging a mattress means that 2nd mattress is yours for keeps.  I exchanged my TP ergo adjustable base and they made it crystal clear that exchange to a fixed foundation was a final transaction. (Note- little strange policy says no returns on power bases, hmmmmm) ....

So, again, returns are ok, if you must.  Exchanges, bad.  Check with store, but I can't imagine they would allow a customer to 'return' a 2nd mattress. 

I don't think you'll have a problem with Mattress Firm.  It's a huge retailer, so they have the power to accept returns.  It's the little onesey stores that cannot do returns.

A 30 day return / exchange from Sears is far too short.  I cannot recommend purchasing from Sears Roebuck. 

You could get a copy of their policy up front, the stuff that would come with a receipt of purchase.

Mattress Firm looks like a huge retailer, like Sleep Train out here.  I did return a $1500 adjustable base.  They picked it up the same day, no hassle.  I had to call them a week later as my credit card wasn't credited, but they called that in and it's been credited.  No problems.

To summarize, if you ended up not happy, I would highly suggest a return and start over.  Do not exchange.  They might have a policy that if you return, you cannot purchase another mattress for 6 months at Mattress Firm.  Call and ask them about that.  Sleep Train has that policy.  I think it has to do with people over here who buy a mattress for out of town visitors, then return it when they go home.  A problem here.

--------------------------------------------------

"Your new mattress will take time to adjust to your body and we encourage you to sleep on it for a minimum of 30 nights to allow for this adjustment period. However, in the event you are not comfortable within 100 days of your original purchase, we will do our best to match you to the correct mattress. You may exchange, or return, your mattress with no hidden re-stocking or sanitation fees; just standard transportation charges (local delivery starts at $69.99).

Happiness Guarantee is not valid on clearance center purchases, floor models, pillows, mattress protectors, power/ adjustable bases, furniture and other accessories.

Participation may vary. See store for details. Not valid in TN.

Extended happiness guarantee available in Dallas and Birmingham areas. See store for details."

This message was modified Nov 8, 2011 by slpngoc
Reply #3 Nov 8, 2011 5:03 PM
Ha ha ha!!!

That is precisely my reason for the "love affair with Tempurpedic" post. I mean, I do have faith that Tempurpedic is a very high quality brand. But- anytime salesmen are telling me that they have "never had any returns ever" for Tempurpedic and that 100% of buyers love them, it sounds fishy. I mean, just naturally, there are going to be some number of people that dont like something- regardless of what it is. And especially mattresses. There was also a memory foam mattress on Walmart.com and one by Night Therapy that literally had like 1500+ raving reviews and nothing negative anywhere. I suppose that's possible, but just seems fishy there too, so I stayed away.

Ok- on to Mattress Firm.

IF you are in the DALLAS area, it is a 1 year full refund, no restocking fee. You pay the delivery fee for them to come get it. This is only in Dallas b/c Sleep Experts offers a 1 year exchange and Mattress Firm is trying to beat that. Outside of Dallas, I believe is what slpngoc said- 100 days or so. Be sure you confirm with the store what the return terms are. But, short of Nordstrom & the Westin Heavenly bed, I think Mattress Firm has the best return policy in Dallas. Heck, even Nordstrom charged a 15% restocking fee. But, you could return it longer than a year- anytime forever really.

I hope that helps!

Reply #4 Nov 11, 2011 7:28 PM
I own a mattress store and have for about 4 years now - I willtell you the truth about these mattresses (or my beliefs anyway) Tempurpedic is a really good mattress but it is most def not worth their prices. You have to be careful when purchasing a memory foam mattress but if you do alil homework you will find that there are other memory foam mattresses that are just as good as tempurpedic w/o the outrageous pricing.  Their markup is the most ridiculous thing ever. An example: A queen Rhapsody mattress set sells for $3799.00 plus tax. The dealer pays $1700.00. And Tempurpedic is still making money off the dealer, so when you think about all of this, they prolly have about 500.00 in a 4000.00 mattress. AND THAT MY FRIEND IS A FACT.
Reply #5 Nov 13, 2011 12:41 AM
theydishonest wrote:

I own a mattress store and have for about 4 years now - I willtell you the truth about these mattresses (or my beliefs anyway) Tempurpedic is a really good mattress but it is most def not worth their prices. You have to be careful when purchasing a memory foam mattress but if you do alil homework you will find that there are other memory foam mattresses that are just as good as tempurpedic w/o the outrageous pricing.  Their markup is the most ridiculous thing ever. An example: A queen Rhapsody mattress set sells for $3799.00 plus tax. The dealer pays $1700.00. And Tempurpedic is still making money off the dealer, so when you think about all of this, they prolly have about 500.00 in a 4000.00 mattress. AND THAT MY FRIEND IS A FACT.

I wanted to stay away from the multi thousand $ Tempurpedics and just went with regular Cloud.

This message was modified Nov 13, 2011 by slpngoc
Re: Mattress Firm and Serta iComfort
Reply #6 Nov 14, 2011 11:44 PM
I bought a Serta iComfortn Insight from Mattress Firm.  The return or exchange feature was the primary reason I bought from them.  I live in TN where the policy must be purely exchange.  Plus I got them to throw in a couple of Tempurpdic pllows, which are fabulous.  I read a lot of reviews. Fortunately, some of them after the purchase or I would never buy anything.  I purchased this mattress after a mattress bought just three years ago which was supposed to have double coil springs developed a big depression and I was having back pain.  Basically a bait and switch deal on that one.

After sleeping on the iComfort Insight bed for a month, I have to say I am satisfied.  With the mattress.  The box spring base is overpriced and a joke but without it the warranty is voided.  Mattress firm adds ten years to the 15 years warranty for whatever that's worth as long as the mattress isn't stained.

I needed a medium firm mattress for my back.  At first this mattress seemed very firm, firmer than I remembered in the store.  But after laying on it a while the body heat and weight must soften it some because it is the perfect level of firmness for me.  I would not spend the extra on a Tempurpedic.   Just can't see the value. Did not particularly like the softness.  I have never had a problem with this mattress being hot either.  I look forward to going to bed now and have had some of the best night's sleep in a long whle.

Matresses tend to be very personal choices and you'll never know until you sleep on one for a while.  Just have to say this one seems to fit the bill for me.  As long as it holds up for 15 years, I will be happy.

Re: Mattress Firm and Serta iComfort
Reply #7 Nov 15, 2011 1:34 PM
willowcreek wrote:

I bought a Serta iComfortn Insight from Mattress Firm.  The return or exchange feature was the primary reason I bought from them.  I live in TN where the policy must be purely exchange.  Plus I got them to throw in a couple of Tempurpdic pllows, which are fabulous.  I read a lot of reviews. Fortunately, some of them after the purchase or I would never buy anything.  I purchased this mattress after a mattress bought just three years ago which was supposed to have double coil springs developed a big depression and I was having back pain.  Basically a bait and switch deal on that one.

After sleeping on the iComfort Insight bed for a month, I have to say I am satisfied.  With the mattress.  The box spring base is overpriced and a joke but without it the warranty is voided.  Mattress firm adds ten years to the 15 years warranty for whatever that's worth as long as the mattress isn't stained.

I needed a medium firm mattress for my back.  At first this mattress seemed very firm, firmer than I remembered in the store.  But after laying on it a while the body heat and weight must soften it some because it is the perfect level of firmness for me.  I would not spend the extra on a Tempurpedic.   Just can't see the value. Did not particularly like the softness.  I have never had a problem with this mattress being hot either.  I look forward to going to bed now and have had some of the best night's sleep in a long whle.

Matresses tend to be very personal choices and you'll never know until you sleep on one for a while.  Just have to say this one seems to fit the bill for me.  As long as it holds up for 15 years, I will be happy.

Strange. Only 1 post and already tellinmg how good icomfort is!

Spam or what?

Icomfort has poly foam.

May be you don't want to divulge the reality here? isn't it.

And everyone knows what happens to poly foam isn't it? eh?

Its crap.

Recent Posts