Made bad purchase - need help
Dec 12, 2007 8:36 PM
What was I thinking?  That's just it.  I did not take the due diligence to research and went by how it felt in the store.  I was shopping for office furniture and this store happened to carry Kathy Ireland mattresses for really cheap.  So I bought, yes, two.  A king and a queen.  Might as well cash in on the free delivery, right?

Wrong.  Seven ways from Sunday wrong.

No box springs, just thin strips of wood in the flimsy foundation.  And here I thought the guy carrying it up stairs was so strong!  So I decided to keep my old (7 yrs.) S & F box springs and gave the flimsy ones away.  By the third night both sides were concave.  Now is this because it's a cheap mattress or due to the box springs?

I put off buying a bed for so long and then ended up with this.  Would it help to stick a piece of plywood on top of the box springs?  I hate wasting money!

Re: Made bad purchase - need help
Reply #1 Dec 12, 2007 8:50 PM
Foam Nerd
If you have the floorspace, lay the mattress on the floor. You will know for sure then whether it's the mattress or the box springs.
Reply #2 Dec 12, 2007 9:44 PM
Just did exactly that, haysb, and it is definately the mattress.  Boo hoo!  Mountain in the middle.  After just 2 nights this mattress is the condition of my 7 yr. old Serta that I just got rid of!

I went to Org. Mat. Factory and like the feel of their PU foam mattress.  Any suggestions here, or should I just browse the forum?

Thanks much. 

Reply #3 Dec 13, 2007 9:08 PM
Get specifics on the density of the PU foam used.  Cheap foam won't last either.

Recent Posts