Love affair with Tempurpedic??
Nov 5, 2011 11:35 AM
I have to say that I am truly perplexed by the love affair that most mattress store salesmen have with Tempurpedic.

All the friends I have who own them love them. And when I go to mattress stores, salesmen RAVE about them. I mean, they basically make it sound like it's THE BEST and only option that they are confident in. Even when comparing against other very expensive mattresses- so not that they would make more money on the Tempurpedic than another comparable priced one? Unless Tempurpedic provides some additional kick backs or incentives to the stores and that's why they never sell them for a discount. Or like some kind of hold back on volume like a car dealership. No idea. And yet, then you read several complaints about them and the softening, sagging, etc...- not from everyone, but certainly they are out there.

Do these mass mattress store salesmen just love them so much b/c it's all relative and everything else they carry is such junk that Tempurpedic really is the gold standard? Are they really THAT good in the long run, or are they somehow making more money on selling Tempurpedic than other similiarly priced mattresses?

A few months ago, I would have said that I had a good deal of confidence in the long term durability of a Tempurpedic, but now after more research I am just not sure. I do think I have more confidence in Tempurpedic than many other brands of memory foam. But, perhaps memory foam of any kind just will not really hold it's shape or support very long.

But, then I am totally confused why people that own them all seem to love them, and more so by why mattress salesmen at most stores just completely worship them?? And I mean, several different stores. Not just one- not even the same chain of stores. And they would all seem to bet their life on a Tempurpedic never coming back to them.

Recent Posts