A layer of softness for a Dunlop Topper - Seeking ideas!
Sep 17, 2013 10:08 AM
Hello everyone - I've been dealing with a too-firm mattress for a while now, tried a few different things, and just can't figure out the best ultimate solution. Back in January I bought a latex bed from a local manufacturer - it's essentially a 6" 36ILD Talalay core with cotton quilting. Bad advice, bad choice, but I'm stuck with it. Tried a Talalay topper (various zones, 14, 19, 28 ILD) for about 6 months, but I just don't take to the feel of Talalay. So I recently bought a 3 inch Dunlop topper and I adore the feel! But, I'm only 130 lbs (back-sleeper) and it really is too firm to sleep well. I know I need something softer on top to make it work for me. My problem is, I'd love to stick with the Dunlop feel but I can't seem to find any Dunlop in a topper softer than the 19 IFD I bought from Rocky Mountain. I've been on Dulop mattresses I've loved at the Clean Bedroom store, so I feel it must be possible, I just can't seem to find any options. Not sure a softer Talalay is a direction I'd like to go,  and memory foam is possible, I just don't have much experience with it.

So if anyone reading this has any ideas of products or online stores I might would to check out, I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks!

E

Recent Posts