Latex in St. Pete (FL)
Dec 18, 2010 2:26 PM

Hello all,
   I have been spending some time in the forums recently and there seems to be a wealth of information out there about mattresses that I would have never imagined.  I'm in the market for a new bed and I live in the St. Petersburg, FL area.  From what I've gathered there are many quality, high value regional mattress manufacturers/retailers around the country.  This is pleasing to know because I have always been weary of the conventional mattress giants.  Would anyone be willing to guide me towards a famed local dealer or give me some advice on finding a new mattress? 

To tell you a little about myself and my mattress history...I've been sleeping on a spring coil mattress for most of my life and I've never had any major complaints.  I don't have any back problems, but I occasionally experience a sore back mostlikely as the result of my extremely active lifestyle (sports, weightlifting, triathlons, etc.).  I'm 6' tall and weigh 193 lbs.  I'm in the market for a high quality, solid value king-sized mattress and foundation in the range of $1500-$2000 (all together).  I truly value my rest and I want to invest in a legimated bed (for the first time- I'm only 24) that will last a good while and feel like Heaven to sleep on. 

When I initially started my research I was leaning towards a memory foam mattress.  I've always had a fascination with Tempurpedic mattresses for some reason, yet have never slept on one until a month or two ago.  A girl I've recently started dating has a queen-sized Tempurpedic (Classic?) bed that I've slept in a handful of times and I'm fairly pleased with it.  I found it a little firm at first, but I'm growing to like it more and more...I think her lack of comfortable pillows was throwing me off at first.  Anways, my parents and sister have purchased Bragada memory foam beds within the past two years and have been generally satisfied with them.  However, they have mentioned some sagging in the foam, but it has not been of great concern to them.  

I don't think I would like a mattress that is very firm; however, my posture is very important to me.  I generally like a cozy, comfortable bed with elegant bedding.  I've looked into the Tempurpedic mattresses as well as some of their knock-offs.  After coming to this forum it seems like a lot of the members are recommending Latex mattresses.  This spurned my research into SleepEZ beds, Original Mattress Factory mattresses, and a few others.  If anyone would be so helpful as to give me their opinion and insight given my situation, budget, and preferences, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide me.

-SleeplessnStPete

Recent Posts