for the latex pro's
Feb 20, 2012 8:53 PM
Im about to purchase a mattress to replace my brand new innerspring that is too firm. I am looking at a latex mattress that i cannot feel before buying but does offer returns 30 days. Im a male and weigh about 140 lbs and my girlfriend weights 135, non of plan on getting bigger anytime soon, so were fairly light. both our backs are painful and had a tempurpedic cloud that wasnt helping as it didnt support. I dont know what i like in a bed but i know i dont like a firm bed, im a back sleeper that turns over to my side a few hours into sleeping, my gf is a side sleeper, i would love soft but supportive so my back doesnt hurt and sleep like a rock which i havent in years. im gonna post specs to a mattress im looking at and hope someone can help tell me what would be the most comfortable while being supportive, they arent much different but 1 inch of latex, this one is rated on a scale 1 being concrete thru 10 being a cloud this is rated 6 in comfort meaning its the inbetween supportive and on the softer side of firm. thank you for the help, these are Natura Dream mattresses, i was gonna save some money but the cheaper ones used "plant based foam" as the core, and i know latex is very durable and natural but dont know how good the plant based foam is as far as support, thanks for any help im about to spend almost 1 1/2 months pay on a mattress and need to be sure im making the right choice

Cover: 1” Convoluted Talalay latex layer quilted into 4.2lbs of NaturaWool with Cashmere blend ticking

Top Layer: 2" 3-Zone plush feel Talalay latex

2nd Layer: 2” 3-Zone medium feel Talalay latex

3rd Layer: 4” Natural Dunlop latex core

Bottom Layer: 2” All natural coconut coir layer

or would this be better its rated a 7 meaning being cradled while sleep giving the sensation of being weightless

Cover: 1” Convoluted Talalay latex layer quilted into 4.2lbs of NaturaWool with Cashmere blend ticking

Top Layer: 1” Convoluted plush Talalay latex

2nd Layer: 2" 3-Zone plush feel Talalay latex

3nd Layer: 2” 3-Zone medium feel Talalay latex

4rd Layer: 4” Natural Dunlop latex core

Bottom Layer: 2” All natural coconut coir layer

Re: for the latex pro's
Reply #1 Feb 21, 2012 9:02 AM
I'm not a latex pro, but I'll respond anyway: 
The mattress might be great, but if you can't try it out by lying on it in a store, I wouldn't buy it without knowing exactly how it's zoned: where the zones are, and what the ILDs are in each zone. I can't find the info on the NaturaWorld website.

Does the place you'd be ordering from have a good return policy, or would you be stuck with the mattress after you buy it?

Re: for the latex pro's
Reply #2 Feb 21, 2012 8:04 PM
i ended up buying the bottom one its a euro top, i figured the one extra layer give it a little more comfort and durability, i got the mattress from olejostores.com and have a great staff and customer service as far as a return policy goes as well. it hurt a little dropping that kind of money on something i never felt, but im certain ill enjoy it. not overly soft and not too firm, and plent of support, atleast thats what i hope hahah

Recent Posts