If latex didn't work for you, what did you do?
Nov 15, 2012 9:52 PM
I have finally given up on my Latex mattress on the 100th day of the trial period.  We had a two-side king and I experimented with every combination of the x-firm, firm, and med. blended Talalay layers including a zoned layer.  My lower back has gone from bad to worse.  I found the mattress very comfortable on my side or stomach, but not on my back, where I have to sleep or I have neck problems.  I always felt like I needed to slide my hand under my lower back to align it correctly.  I continue to wonder if base layers of Dunlop might have been better, but I am inclined to give up on foam.  Memory foam has never seemed comfortable to me and my husband will not tolerate sleeping hot well at all.  I found a local company that sells a pocketed coil mattress with a choice of four firmness levels on the spring set and a simple inch of poly foam on the bottom and top for a very reasonable price (in addition to various upper end models using latex or memory foam layers.)  I was thinking about getting this and adding either a 2" soft Talalay topper or a 1" medium and and 1" soft topper.  But I find that I am most comfortable sleeping on my couch - which is plain poly, despite how awful it is supposed to be.  If you tried and gave up on Latex, did you find a mattress that made you happy (or happier...)?

Recent Posts