latex beds by Natura?
May 14, 2008 1:35 PM
Hi, my first post!
I am new here, and you guessed it!  I'm in the market for a new bed.  I have FM and can't sleep in the same room with my hubby, let alone the same bed!

I went to one of our local furniture stores and they carry latex beds made by Natura.  I now sleep on a Simmons Beauty Rest with a 2 inch memory foam topper.  We have a split king, but my hubby doesn't get to enjoy his side.  We are moving, and downsizing our house so I know our new Master bedroom will not hold a king so I need something smaller, but big enough for cuddle time.

With the memory foam topper the bed is pretty comfy.  But, if I get a new one, I don't think full memory would be good, and I am not sure about full latex.  Natura has a bed with latex and then some memory foam with a wool pad over that.  The specific bed I am looking at is called the Sensation, Under the Natura-pedics beds.

Anyone have experience with this brand? 

Thanks,
Cinnabon
Re: latex beds by Natura?
Reply #15 May 8, 2010 9:35 PM
DianeK wrote:

Leo3: are you addressing me?  I'm currently sleeping on my Serta Perfect Night with occasional forays to the guest bed/husband's bed which is an older foam mattress with a Costco MF topper.  I guess I still haven't completely given up the dream of a latex mattress that would suit both of us because next week I am going to another city to check out the Essensia mattresses. Yes, the Flobed I had tried a few years ago was the blended Talalay.  Also, just recently I was intriqued by Flobeds customizable vZone (you couldn't customize it when I tried it out before) so 10 days ago I bought one and have been playing around with it on top of a pretty much brand new medium-firmness pocket coil twin mattress that we have in another guest bedroom.  It hasn't been any better for my back than the Serta - another expensive mistake.

Diane

Diane, have you tried any other latex besides Talalay blended?  Have you tried Latex Green Dunlop?  You are thin though I believe you said somewhere, so maybe that wouldn't work.  But since you couldn't use Flobeds I assume you never tried natural talalay either?  I just thought I would throw that out there.

I missed the thread on Essensia, what are those? 

This message was modified May 8, 2010 by Leo3
Re: latex beds by Natura?
Reply #16 May 8, 2010 10:10 PM
I laid down on the softest available Green Sleep, which is natural Dunlop, in a showroom but I could tell within 15 minutes that it was too firm (it even made my downside ear hurt).  The Essentia mattresses are made of natural dunlop latex that has been "doctored" so that it mimicks the feel of memory foam.  I'm going to investigate them out of curiosity but they are terribly expensive (so is Green Sleep) and if unreturnable it is unlikely I would gamble on something that feels right in the showroom would maintain that feel through 8 hours of sleep.  But I will start a thread about my experience with them later next week just to let others know about them.

DianeK

Recent Posts