latex beds by Natura?
May 14, 2008 1:35 PM
Hi, my first post!
I am new here, and you guessed it!  I'm in the market for a new bed.  I have FM and can't sleep in the same room with my hubby, let alone the same bed!

I went to one of our local furniture stores and they carry latex beds made by Natura.  I now sleep on a Simmons Beauty Rest with a 2 inch memory foam topper.  We have a split king, but my hubby doesn't get to enjoy his side.  We are moving, and downsizing our house so I know our new Master bedroom will not hold a king so I need something smaller, but big enough for cuddle time.

With the memory foam topper the bed is pretty comfy.  But, if I get a new one, I don't think full memory would be good, and I am not sure about full latex.  Natura has a bed with latex and then some memory foam with a wool pad over that.  The specific bed I am looking at is called the Sensation, Under the Natura-pedics beds.

Anyone have experience with this brand? 

Thanks,
Cinnabon
Re: latex beds by Natura?
Reply #1 May 14, 2008 10:43 PM
Hi there:  We have this bed and if you can still get to the old forum you can read lots about our experience.  Long story short, we still have the bed in our spare room, only we removed the memory foam and it is all latex now.  Comfortable and very well made bed, our issue was we couldn't take the latex or memory foam on our backs as it led to pain.  We now have a Charles H Beckley spring bed with some memory foam as a topper under a Hastens topper.

IF we didn't have back issues we would likely still be using this bed.  It seems very well made and I do like stretching out on it to read and have the occasional nap - it's right by the computer.  If you already know you like the latex and memory foam combo and it does not give back pain, is is pretty high quality and you should do fine.

Good luck!

Reply #2 May 15, 2008 8:41 PM
thanks for the response.  I don't know how to get to the old board.  I've never slept on latex, so I don't really have any idea.  Do you think you could post a link to your old thread?
Thanks!
Cinnabon
Reply #3 May 15, 2008 10:22 PM
i don't know how to do that or if the old forum is available.  I suggest you contact the administrator via email  or PM.
Reply #4 May 16, 2008 2:08 AM
WhatsTheBest-Mattress.com
http://legacy.whatsthebest-mattress.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=wtb-mattress
Reply #5 May 25, 2008 12:42 PM
Cinnabon:

If you've never slept on a latex bed, I would suggest finding a hotel that has them and try it a night or two before making a decision.  More and more hotels (and even college dorms) are going with latex because of the longevity, no turning, doesn't harbor dust mites or bed bugs (of which there has been a resurgence on college campuses).  Also, it doesn't transfer motion (the split king didn't work for us, either - the bed frame still transfers the motion).  I don't recall which hotel chain it was in Orlando, but sleeping on one in a hotel (and getting the best nights sleep of my life) is how I knew I wanted to go with latex (still finalizing purchase decision re. ILD of layers).

Reply #6 Aug 2, 2009 3:37 PM
I have a latex bed by Natura, and I would never sleep on anything else!

This has to be the most comfortable bed we have ever had! I no longer wake up with sore hips or backache. Even my husband, who has a really bad back, complains of less stiffness than on our old bed.

We have now had our bed for two years and we would never go back to pocket coils. This has been one of best investments and I can highly recommend spending the extra for the most amazing comfort, plus we find, since sleeping on it, both of us have seen allergy improvements.
Reply #7 Aug 5, 2009 10:33 PM
Kas55 wrote:
I have a latex bed by Natura, and I would never sleep on anything else!

This has to be the most comfortable bed we have ever had! I no longer wake up with sore hips or backache. Even my husband, who has a really bad back, complains of less stiffness than on our old bed.

We have now had our bed for two years and we would never go back to pocket coils. This has been one of best investments and I can highly recommend spending the extra for the most amazing comfort, plus we find, since sleeping on it, both of us have seen allergy improvements.

May I ask then, why are you searching out mattress forums telling everyone how great your Natura is?  Your post actually sounds like a sales pitch.  Most happy customers don't come on here with 2 posts raving about how great they are sleeping.  This is a forum where people get to complain and problem solve.  You did a good job on covering on why people should purchase your product. 
Reply #8 Aug 14, 2009 5:09 PM
Kass55, can I ask what kind of Natura bed you have? And any possible complaints you have with it? Thanks!
Reply #9 Mar 17, 2010 2:52 AM
My husband and I researched tons of mattresses trying to find something non toxic... we ended up buying the organic Natura with the wool topper... it felt so comfortable in the mattress store, and though the price was high - we figured it would be worth having a healthy and comfortable nights sleep on such a good quality and natural mattress. To make a long story short... after two years, I can say that the bed has not "broken in" as we'd hoped and assumed it would... in other words, we haven't had a comfortable nights sleep on the damn thing. Lately we've been sleeping in our guest room on the bed that cost less than a quarter the price - nothing fancy, but made in Oregon and decent quality... at least we can get a good nights sleep in the thing without tossing and turning... my back and neck have not enjoyed the latex bed one bit...like sleeping on a giant eraser. Anybody want to buy a like- new condition Natura bed? Lets talk!    

Reply #10 Mar 17, 2010 6:49 PM
I too have FM and could not sleep on latex.  Tried both Flobeds (thank goodness for their return policy) and Natura (thank goodness for a local furniture dealer who ordered it for me with the understanding that if it didn't work - it didn't - he would give me a refund and use it as a showroom bed).  Take home message:  if you are lightweight (100-115 lb) with FM like I am, the Natura will likely be too firm.  I do find our guest bed, which is "broken in" foam (i.e. "older" bed) with the costco memory foam topper very comfortable but I get burning and itchy eyes from the memory foam.

Diane

Recent Posts