jimsocal, have you got your CuddleBed Ultimate yet?
Mar 18, 2008 2:24 AM
Just wondering if you got your CuddleBed from Costco.com, and if so, have you tried it out yet? Just curious! :)
** jimsocal, do you like your Ultimate CuddleBed Plus? **
Reply #1 Apr 3, 2008 2:17 PM
Jim, I'm sending this again in case you didn't see it. I just noticed that with your new and HOPEFULLY improved mattress configuration, you have the CuddleBed on top. How do you like it? Let me know! I'm just curious. :)
This message was modified Apr 3, 2008 by BeddyBye
Re: jimsocal, have you got your CuddleBed Ultimate yet?
Reply #2 Apr 4, 2008 1:32 AM
I was a little disappointed in the thickness of the Cuddlebed topper. I thought it was going to be a bit thicker.

That said, I am using it every night and it's part of the first working system I've had in the past 6 months. Whether it is a necessary ingredient, I don't know, but it's working so I'll leave it be at that!

I really like the way the elastic fits down over the mattress. Especially since I cut the top of my mattress off, this is a perfect replacement for it and I recommend it to anyone who does mattress surgery.

Reply #3 Apr 4, 2008 2:01 AM
Jim -- So how thick IS the Cuddlebed? I have not bought one thinking that it might be TOO thick and cause our sheets, which barely fit over everything as it is, to be too small entirely.

I hope I never have to go through that torturous test. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Have you by any chance tried acupuncture? I had a neck issue with tingling down my arm and, I swear, acupuncture cleared it up. What you have sounds much more chronic (and painful), but it is worth a try if nothing else is helping -- Kim
Reply #4 Apr 4, 2008 4:40 PM
And, I feel just the opposite. I'm glad it ISN'T too thick. For me it's just right.:) I already have a very nice fiber bed from Walmart.com (currently out of stock).

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6004492

But, it's thicker than I like. Believe me, I'm in the minority because it got a lot of positive reviews. And, actually, I find it to be very high quality and if my lower back wasn't so fussy, it would be quite comfortable. Something about fiber and featherbeds bother me, though. Since they're so deep, they tend to make it difficult for me to turn over without sinking in or working too hard, hence resulting in sore muscles. But, otherwise, I could see it as a very cozy addition to a mattress that needs a little more cushioning. I was very fortunate to find the CuddleBed because it still gives me that cushy feeling. And yet it seems to be more stationery and less apt to make me sink in.

jimsocal wrote:
I was a little disappointed in the thickness of the Cuddlebed topper. I thought it was going to be a bit thicker.</p><p>That said, I am using it every night and it's part of the first <em>working</em> system I've had in the past 6 months. Whether it is a necessary ingredient, I don't know, but it's working so I'll leave it be at that!</p><p>I really like the way the elastic fits down over the mattress. Especially since I cut the top of my mattress off, this is a perfect replacement for it and I recommend it to anyone who does mattress surgery.
Reply #5 Apr 4, 2008 4:46 PM
Here's the description, kimmcgov,

The Cuddle Bed® Superside™ Mattress Topper rejuvenates your bed by turning your present mattress into a fluffy, luxurious pillow--it's like sleeping on a cloud!

Made of soft 100% cotton, the Cuddle Bed® features a 2.5-inch Superside™ gusset that adds more loft and fluffiness all the way to the edge of the bed and a Bed Glove® 4-way stretch skirt that ensures the pad will stay securely in place throughout the night. A must-have for a heavenly nights' sleep.

Color: White
Sizes: Cal-king, king, queen, full or twin
100% cotton top fabric
400 thread count cotton windowpane dobby design
2.5" pillow top Superside™ gusset: Adds more loft and fluffiness all the way to the edge of the bed
Bed Glove®: 4-way stretch skirt has a tight grip, ensuring the pad will stay securely in place throughout the night
Securely fits any brand mattress up to 21"
Machine washable and dry
7-year warranty
Made in China

I really like the way the very deep skirt fits, too. There is a lot of give, so you would be able to have a thick matttress and it would accommodate it fine. It's nice quality. I also love the thick gusset on the sides. When I lay on my side I can feel the puffiness and it just feels so cozy, as if it's cradling me without being too thick and "sinking". I love it!

kimmcgov wrote:
Jim -- So how thick IS the Cuddlebed? I have not bought one thinking that it might be TOO thick and cause our sheets, which barely fit over everything as it is, to be too small entirely.<BR><BR>I hope I never have to go through that torturous test. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Have you by any chance tried acupuncture? I had a neck issue with tingling down my arm and, I swear, acupuncture cleared it up. What you have sounds much more chronic (and painful), but it is worth a try if nothing else is helping -- Kim
Reply #6 Apr 11, 2008 12:38 AM
kimmcgov wrote:
Jim -- So how thick IS the Cuddlebed? I have not bought one thinking that it might be TOO thick and cause our sheets, which barely fit over everything as it is, to be too small entirely.

I hope I never have to go through that torturous test. I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Have you by any chance tried acupuncture? I had a neck issue with tingling down my arm and, I swear, acupuncture cleared it up. What you have sounds much more chronic (and painful), but it is worth a try if nothing else is helping -- Kim

Hi Kim,

The Cuddlebed is not that thick at all. I'm just guessing but maybe 3/4" thick especially after you use it awhile...?

Thanks for the condolences. I have tried acupuncture but I don't think the guy I went to was very good. I'm trying to do things now that my HMO will pay for because I just cannot afford to spend thousands more on things that may not work. If I  knew something would work for sure, I'd pay almost any amount of money! But I hate throwing money down a hole!

I will be going back to my neurologist in a couple weeks. Maybe he will order some more tests or have some more ideas...

Recent Posts