JCPenny BedGard Protector
Jul 24, 2011 5:05 PM
Hello all. So I took the plunge and purchased the iComfort Genius King Mattress.  They offered me this BedGard Protector which includes the waterproof mattress cover as well as 10 years stain warranty on the protector and mattress.  Reading further they replace the protector if stain does not remove and if it reaches the mattress they will send out a cleaning company and if cannot be cleaned the mattress will be replaced. Sounds great esp. for $99 for the 10 years.  In reading here, the cover recommended is Protect-a-bed premium which cost about the same as this warranty, now not sure how good this protector is. I felt it and it was soft terry cloth or similar material. Now anyone have experience with this warranty?  Supposedly it is distributed by www.stainsafe.com

thanks again

Re: JCPenny BedGard Protector
Reply #1 Jul 24, 2011 5:25 PM
Don't waste $ buying warranties.
Reply #2 Jul 24, 2011 6:13 PM
Agree on the warranty bit.  Often when you read the fine print, your cost to get that service can be substantial.  And you may have trouble proving that you did not do anyting that violated the warranty.  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. 

I think the Protect-a-bed is very popular and has decent reviews on Amazon.  The Bedgard only has a few reviews at Macys.  I would like to see reviews where people actually say "this product protected my bed when I poured 8 oz of drink on it" or "my kid had a peeing problem and this product saved my mattress".

Reply #3 Jul 25, 2011 7:58 AM
Thanks all...  Yea I did some further research and I pretty much received my answer the moment their webiste is not valid.  Also read some pretty bad reviews.  No onto searching for which protector to get.  Will start a now topic.  Thanks again
Reply #4 Jul 31, 2011 10:52 PM
Consider getting a dust-mite proof enclosure if you have any allergy or asthma issues or just don't like the idea of sleeping with dust mites... nationalallergy.com has a bunch, but I'd go with the more premium softer ones.

Recent Posts