I've slept all over town
Apr 15, 2008 12:22 AM
hehe.  Not really, saw that on another site and laughed.  Been watching this forum for awhile.  Am as obsessive about research as I am about finding a solution to my bed problems.  Wanted to know if anyone has seen the website www.naturalsleepproducts.com ???  They have the same ergosoft stuff as absolutecomfort does. But for $160 !!!!  Anyone have exprience with this site or topper ???  Thanks!
Re: I've slept all over town
Reply #4 Apr 16, 2008 5:54 PM
Hi Nick, thanks for responding.  Not sure what I want, but it will be queen size.  Just bought very firm Sealy Sterlingshire from Costco.  Wanted a firm base, said it had 782 springs, which is good, so I bought it.  Have tried 1" memory under foam egg crate, too much, egg crate over egg crate, too much.  Went to local foam shop, but their samples were 6" high, ild's were 37 and 25 and 16.  I only need 1.5", hard to tell if the ild's I tried will work on 1.5".  Afraid to spend money and get stuck, like everyone else here.  Really, really want latex.  Don't know what to do.
Reply #5 Apr 16, 2008 8:29 PM
Bryane Homes has a 1" Talalay Latex Queen Ttopper that is really cushiony and soft (with just about no smell out of the package and after airing it out for a short time, it is wonderful... all products have a tiny smell when taken out of a plastic bag) and I feel would really give you the comfort you need and is very reasonably priced. With shipping after the coupon that had on their site for 20% off, I paid not much more than $60 and it is perfect over my FloBeds latex very firm cores I chose. Their topper was wonderful but too soft and thick at 2" for me since I am not quite 5 feet tall and about 100 lbs. 
Reply #6 Apr 16, 2008 8:48 PM
TheQuest wrote:
Hi Nick, thanks for responding.  Not sure what I want, but it will be queen size.  Just bought very firm Sealy Sterlingshire from Costco.  Wanted a firm base, said it had 782 springs, which is good, so I bought it.  Have tried 1" memory under foam egg crate, too much, egg crate over egg crate, too much.  Went to local foam shop, but their samples were 6" high, ild's were 37 and 25 and 16.  I only need 1.5", hard to tell if the ild's I tried will work on 1.5".  Afraid to spend money and get stuck, like everyone else here.  Really, really want latex.  Don't know what to do.

When you say "too much" I assume you mean that it's too much foam, that it doesn't support your back?

I'd try the 1" latex topper and if that too is too much, then try getting 1 -2" of a firmer latex as a topper.

I'm using 1 and 1/2" of a medium latex over a firm foam core and that is working pretty well for me.

If all else fails you can do surgery on the mattress, take off all the foam they have over the springs, and put your own HR foam and latex layers over the springs.

Reply #7 Apr 16, 2008 9:55 PM
Lynn2006 wrote:
Bryane Homes has a 1" Talalay Latex Queen Ttopper that is really cushiony and soft (with just about no smell out of the package and after airing it out for a short time, it is wonderful...  

Actually Brylane is out of all but the twin size in those toppers. Maybe they'll have them again in the future, but for right now that's not an option :-(
Reply #8 Apr 16, 2008 10:48 PM
So, the Brylane is out.

Jimsocal, yes, "too much" meant sinking down and back hurting.  When I add both, memory and egg crate, seems too much.  But just one makes me ache too.  So I think I need 1.5".  Where did you get yours?  Am thinking I need the 24ild., I tried it on a 6", it seems closest to what I think I need.  Didn't get to try a 30ild, so not sure what I'm missing there.  Am thinking the    1"   24ild  at Sleeplikebear(pretty sure it's LI), but kinda want the 2" 28ild natural from absolutecomfort. 

Have to say am still confused.  Was reading forum on absolutecomfort and she said memory is softer than latex!  yikes.  Well, just got two call backs from Absolute.  The first one I told her no questions (after reading the forum figured this was out).  On the other I spoke with Teri, she said she thought the 17 ild would work for me, saying yes, latex is firmer (not from what I could tell on the 24ild I tested)  .  I really like the natural deal.  But am still considering the Sleepbear thing due to the 24ild and 1" possibilities!

Reply #9 Apr 16, 2008 11:41 PM
Since the Brylane Topper has a great return policy, Maybe try the twin size for part of the bed and if you like the width, buy another twin to cut it. If it is too thin, then you will know you want thicker. I had thought I needed 1.5" of softness over very very firm but I was wrong. Actually, I wish the Brylane Topper was only 3/4" thick since it is very soft but feels good on my shoulders over the very firm layers of latex I have.
Reply #10 Apr 18, 2008 5:45 AM
TheQuest wrote:
Jimsocal, yes, "too much" meant sinking down and back hurting.  When I add both, memory and egg crate, seems too much.  But just one makes me ache too. 

If your mattress is not supporting your back sufficiently adding more foam of any kind will probably just make it worse. You've just discovered that a "firm" mattress overpadded with low density PU foam isn't really rigid enough to support your lower back, and unfortunately this is only going to get worse as the foam softens up and becomes even less supportive. I don't know how long you've had the mattress for, but if it's not very old you might want to see about returning it to Costco and looking for an old fashioned 2-sided mattress without all the extra layers of foam over the springs. Then you can add your own toppers of choice to give it just the right amount of a comfort layer without compromising support.

Reply #11 Apr 18, 2008 7:38 AM
Try doubling your eggcrate, first mated, and then unmated, and see how each feels. As has already been mentioned, your real problem probably the mattress, not the toppers, assuming the ache w/ only one topper is support and not pressure related. As far as naturalsleepproducts, no direct info but they didn't return email re: ILD or shipping/returns. The price sounds too good to be true (usually @$150/inch including shipping for LI talalay, a bit less for the "jungle" dunlop--some here like the dunlop, but my concern is quality, warranty, and a manufacturer/seller still in business in 2 years).
Reply #12 Apr 18, 2008 7:45 AM
That's $150/in king size.
Reply #13 Apr 18, 2008 12:47 PM
Hi Everyone,

thanks for the input everyone.  I am waiting on my samples from AbsoluteComfort, before I pick their 2" or Sleeplikeabear 1" 24ild.  My mattress is weeks old, without anything on it, it does not bow.  On scale of 1-5, it's a 1 for firm.  I tried the two eggcrates together, both ways.  It was a combo of too soft of cheap foam going down to the firmness.  So I definitely need a new topper.  I shaved off some of my soft memory pillow.  Don't know if it's that, or I'm adjusting to the firmness, or drinking less water in the evenings.  But I'm sleeping better, and on my back more!  Weird!  I'll starting a new post on what I found out about Naturalsleepproducts.  Thanks everyone!

Recent Posts