I'm so confused- please help me choose a bed! Latex or pocket spring?
Nov 25, 2010 1:12 AM
HI

I've been lurking and researching frantically for a bed as the old one has died at last. I'm in New Zealand and have a limited choice so here's my situation:I had a sleepyhead chiropedic

Really appreciate your advice, and have been reading but every answer leads to another question....

that was the cheapest they did when I bought it as a student 15 years ago and it survived  rough treatment and was extremely comfortable until this year.

Now my first choice was to buy something different as sleepyheads are expensive- but there is such rubbish! My budget went down as I ran into the mattress mafia who prevent any real comparison shopping....but these two are amazing in the shop- I just want the one that is as amazing in 5 years....

So now I am facing the choice between a dunlopillo http://www.dunlopliving.co.nz/Bedding/Dunlopillo/Dunlopillo/Lifestyle+M/ talalay latex with a wool blend topper and 10 year guarantee and a Sleepyhead Balance Missouri Medium with a memoryfoam/ latex pillowtop with pocket coils and a 10 year guarantee. ( no precise website) Both are on sale- 1 is today only but I'm sure it will come again as it is xmas.

I cannot really afford a new bed but if I have to, I want to make sure I get something that will last at least another 15 years.

I was in an accident and have back problems and burstitis (very painful hips and feet) and am a very curvy side sleeper (about 5'4 and 180 pounds) but sleep hot. The latex pillow I bought to test latex out has been fine so far. The pressurepoints i my current firm mattress mean I either don't sleep or take painkillers so I can (So the choice is semi urgent).

Am happy to hear latex/pocket spring lovers and haters.... Thanks heaps

Recent Posts