IKEA Mattresses: Hasselback or Erfjord Does anyone have any experience with them?
Sep 9, 2008 8:40 AM
Hi All,

I have been flopping on all kinds of mattresses and thought I preferred the latex mattresses due to many of their qualities: mite free; natural etc...

After reading MANY posts from all of you, I have learned that some 100% (which is a marketing term) Natural latex were hammocking and tearing ... after minimal to a few years.

I read a post which mentioned a combination of natural and synthetic latex offered the most durability and one of the individuals quite liked the Erfjord Latex mattress which is 85% natural and 15% synthetic in a Dunlop style mold. It has eco friendly cotton cover with silk/wool wadding. When I sat on it, I bottomed out and hit the slats on the bottom. When I laid down on it, it was quite comfortable with a pillow top on it ... the Tolg.

Also, IKEA has a sale on right now for their spring mattresses and the Hasselback Eastern KING is only $480 ... that is right! I have a 10 year old Simmons Beauty rest which has hammocked. For the price, it is unbelievable. However, it is too expensive if it is uncomfortable or poorly made. It does have a 25 year warrantee though ... haven't read the details.

I understand that the Euroslats offer a more spring like quality than regular slats. Other than the one post on this site, does anyone have any experience with:

1. Euroslats
2. the Erfjord

I also thought ... Euroslats, Hasselback mattress and a Latex topper could do the trick.

Does anyone have any experience with the IKEA products or any wisdom they could share? I noticed there isn't a lot of information about the IKEA products on this board.

Thanks.

Recent Posts