I tried to buy a mattress kit locally.........
Nov 28, 2007 6:58 PM
Before I purchased a mattress kit from SleepEZ, I consulted with 2 local bedding retailers. in an effort to see if one of them could help me build a kit from scratch instead of buying over the phone.  The first place I went to is a well established mom and pop furniture store. They have been making their own mattresses for years so I thought I would be able to talk them into making or at least ordering in the latex for a kit.  The owner had never heard of a kit mattress but once I described it he understood. He didn't act interested in putting together any sort of kit even after I told him the latex would come from Latex International.

The next place I went to sells S brands and Restonic.  I described a mattress kit to him and he admitted that he had never heard of such a thing.  He was very upfront and straightforward saying that he was not willing to help me assemble a kit. Not sure if he didn't want to warranty it or if he knew the S brands would pull out of his store if they caught wind of it. Didn't matter at that point, no is no.

I am happy that I chose SleepEZ. They have been very accomodating. I'm not crazy about the whole idea of ordering a big ticket item sight unseen but it did work out well.

Before I ordered the 13000, I talked it over with my wife and told her that some of the people on this forum have had to return their kits for various reasons, mostly lower back issues.  Fortunately we are having good sleep with ours. Keep in mind that we are both in our 30's and do not have daily aches and pains. I'm sure that makes a difference.

Thanks to all the people who post here. A special thanks to IanS. Your insight and knowledge of the mattress industry helped us avoid the mistake of buying an S brand.  THANKS!!!!!

Recent Posts