I need help finding a new mattress and I feel lost. Reviews are extremely subjective, sales people aren't truthful, and prices fluctuate without reason
Dec 17, 2010 2:40 PM
I've been on the "hunt" for a good long while now, though never very hard until now.  I sleep on an air mattress (read: aerobed isn't up to the hype) and its started to give in and I'm loosing ground fast.  I have to inflate it more and more every day and the seams are beginning to give. 

So that sort of puts the pressure on me to find something and find it fast.  Now I've looked around and I feel like I'm getting nowhere - when I go talk to sales people because I feel like I can't believe a single word coming out of their mouth.  On top of that there are "SALES" and "50% off!" everywhere/all the time.  I've even seen "black friday 2 sale!" on the following one after black Friday.  And because of all this I don't know if the mattress I'm looking at is really a $2000 mattress, or a $400 mattress...

This is why I need ya'll's help (sorry live in TX for 10 years :P ).

I've been looking around for a long time so I know what info you guys need to help:

• I'm 5'6", 140lb
  • Stomach sleeper
  • Looking for a Queen Size
  • Preferably from Costco
  • Med-firm or firm
  • Located in Baltimore
  • Budget: <$1k.  Ideally around 600-700 (or less?)

I've ruled out any type of foam/latex mattress since I like to have a cool surface to sleep on - I understand "regular" mattresses are best at that? 

I'd prefer to use slats over a box spring - can I do that with any mattress?

Thanks so much in advance!!

This message was modified Dec 17, 2010 by Mizron

Recent Posts