I found the best mattress! Thanks for all your help!
Jan 18, 2010 3:44 PM
I lurked on this site for months attempting to find the best mattress. It has been almost a year since I found said mattress, so I have been feeling guilty that I haven't reported back to this community. I purchased our new kingsize bed from flobeds, and it is 100% latex. It is a total dream to sleep on. When I travel to great hotels and sleep in the beds they offer, it makes me realize how incredibly lucky we are to have found our bed, which puts all others to shame. It is hard to describe the sensation of sleeping on it. My body seems perfectly suspended as if I'm buoyant and am being lifted up or floating on air. There are no pressure points. My husband and I sleep so much better. He has never been a good sleeper before but now gets lots more rest. On our old spring mattress, I used to awaken sometimes with my hands or arms numb, but no more. I worked with Dewey at flobeds, and he nailed the exact combination of firmness levels for us the first time. Don't be put off if their system seems complicated at first. The bed was easy to assemble and is only 20 inches high so that our dogs can jump on and off easily without hurting themselves.  I found on another web site a beautiful rattan platform bed, and we built that frame around the existing flobeds foundation. It looks totally elegant. This bed is expensive but is worth EVERY PENNY!!! One caveat: Treat the removable mattress cover with care and do not wash it. Our upstairs AC unit developed a leak one day when we were at work, and water poured all over our bed. It was easy to clean and dry out the latex part, and I unzipped the removable cotton and wool cover and washed it in my front loading machine on extra gentle in cold water. Even so, it was about 1/3 the size of the mattress after it air-dried! I had to buy another, and Dewey got me one at 40% off, but it's the most expensive component of the bed. Still, with the organic cotton and wool, it makes for an incredibly dreamy feel, and I do recommend that cover. Just DON"T WASH IT!

Recent Posts