How to store latex toppers?
Aug 4, 2013 11:51 PM
I haven't been on this board for a while. My story is here (well part of it anyway -- the beginning is here). Our mattress surgery and latex additions helped our mattress last about another 2 years. But my husband and I have decided that it's just not good enough right now and we need to bite the bullet and buy a new mattress. I'm pretty sure that all the enthusiatic wrestling with kids and between kids on our bed has just pushed the springs past the point of no return. Sigh.

So my question is this -- what can I do with the inner latex layers added after mattress surgery -- we have 2" of 32 and 1" of 20 ILD latex from Foam by Mail. How the heck do we compress/pack it up to store it in the garage? I want to save it in case we need it at a later point for another mattress surgery, but I don't want it to rip or tear and I'm not sure how to go about doing it. Any advice?

We also have a 2" natural talalay latex topper from Arizona Mattrress ILD 22 -- but we're planning to save that to use as a toper on the new bed.

Recent Posts