How firm should i go with my latex mattress
May 25, 2011 3:56 PM
Hello all,

I've been looking for a firm mattress for a few months now.  At first I was only looking for innerspring mattresses, but couldn't find anything firm enough for me or my wife.  We both like very firm with no sinking feeling.  I would not say firm like sleeping on the floor, but close to it.

While at a 1-800-mattress store, we tried a latex mattress and liked it the most out of anything we tried.  The mattress was Sleep Options Classic Sleep Destiny 8-inch Firm Latex Foam Mattress. It felt firm enough, although both of us would've preffered a bit more firmness.

So, i came to this site to research on latex, chose SleepEZ based on reviews and prices being below Flobeds.

What I liked was Select Sleep Model 13000, 100% Natural Dunlop  in the Firm-Xfirm-Xfirm-Xfirm (bottom) configuration.  But as a newly educated (thanks to this website) consumer, I checked the specs on the Classic Sleep bed we liked and was shocked that the ILD on the top layer was only 20.  That is more like a "soft" layer at SleepEZ. 

Does anybody have any recommendations or advice?  I really don't know what to do at this point.

thank you!

Recent Posts