Help me to choose?
Dec 12, 2009 6:17 AM
Hi Y'all, i've been reading this forum for ages, when i started looking at water beds and found out they weren't good for scoliosis... then i moved to air bed and tried to make a sleep comfort bed of my own haha... please note that i have a baaaad back and wake up after about 4 hours in too much pain to go on sleeping, i wake up, move around, sit around, and the pain goes away and i go back to bed to sleep a little more... i'm on the look out for a new bed because we had an old simmons beauty rest which was flippable so it lasted a good 20 years, and it was great for my back until it was just too old... so we bought a memory foam mattress, sooo comfy getting in, but would respond to my core heat and the middle of me would sink, and i'm a side sleeper so it would bend my spine sideways.... so that mattress is now in storage, then we tried to get a regular piece of high density foam that wouldn't respond to heat, and it's been OOOOOOK, but not anymore, guess the foam is breaking down and leaving me in a side sleeping dip again.... i've read that simmons beauty rests aren't made like they used to be, and when i phoned the sales man and asked about all the bad reviews the new beds are getting he said he was busy and would call me back, and never did.... now the little furniture shop i'm dealing with has a 90 day comfort exchange, and i have 3 beds picked out... one is an all natrual latex bed called novopure made by a local company called restwell.... i'm worried i will end up with a body dent, as i'm pretty big.... the other is is a novolux, made by the same local company, and it's two layers of pocket coils with latex on top, it's cheaper and i thought it might even be less likely to dent as i've had such good luck with pocket coils before.... the last option, i can't believe i'm considering going back to memory foam, but the sales guy swears up and down it's changed, is the tempurpedic 'celebrity', i find this bed comfy, of course, but not only the tempurature dip bothers me, but you are supposed to stay in your body impression all night and not toss and turn, now as i have arthritis and fibromyalgia, i actually figured the water bed would be good for me because of motion, to keep my joints fluid, instead of waking up in a spasm like i always do, i would still buy a waterbed if i hadn't been told once that i had scoliosis..... alot of people say waterbeds are bad for your back, but the 95% waveless sure felt comfy at the store.... anyway, given what you know, that an old simmons beauty rest lasted me 20 years, and dips in foam make me wake up with a painfully spasmed back after about 4 hours... even tho foam feels comfy to me, whether it's tempurpedic or latex rubber.... well actually the latex covered pocket coils felt comfy too.... i had gone back to the store to try out spring mattresses (continuous coil) with little padding, and toppers on top, but the flatness of the springs hurt a certain part of my back.... so no mattress surgery in my future.... i know you guys aren't mind readers, but what do you give a girl who's tried everything? suggestions? advice? your knowledge? thanks!! elaine

Recent Posts