Hastens Excelsior Out. Vi Spring In. What Would You Do?
May 3, 2011 9:37 AM
If you go back and read my posts from 3 years ago you would see that I was one of Hastens biggest fans. After replacing a defective Excelsior less than 6 months after we bought it in 2008, I was also impressed with hastens customer service. Our second Excelsior has not fared much better. We have done all the required maintenance and care like clockwork, but sadly find that the comfort and support it once had is all but gone. One side is virtually unusable. The other is better but clearly on it's way out. So we have decided to ditch the Hastens and get a Vi Spring. Vi Spring is starting to make a big push in the US, and ABC Carpet here in NYC has them. I take sleep very seriously and always try to buy the best we can manage. So this leads me to my question. We have fallen in love with the overall Vi Spring feel. We also tried Savoir but prefer Vi Spring. We have narrowed it down to the Tiara Supreme or the Sublime Supreme. The sublime is more popular(and more expensive). But I won't buy a mattress due to popularity. I prefer medium tension, where my wife insists on a firm tension(she is a stomach sleeper). The Tiara is available to try in both medium and firm and we both like it a lot. But the Sublime is only available to try in a medium. They do not have a firm. And the medium is too soft for her she says.I prefer the Sublime but would be very happy with the Tiara. So do we buy the Tiara which we both tried and like? Or do we take a chance and order her the Sublime in firm(we are getting 2 twins with a zipper lock). She wants to make me happy and insists the Sublime in firm will be good for her. But that is sight unseen which I hate doing. I would love some opinions as this is a very big purchase for us. And would especially love to hear from anyone who owns a Vi Spring. Thanks for the help.

Recent Posts