Hastens 2000T spring question
Sep 12, 2007 12:07 PM
We went to try out the Hastens beds again this evening in Newport Beach. We tried three or four, all of them great.  
The 2000T firm seemed to be our favorite. We both almost fell asleep on it--we were quite amazed!!!

I've read on this forum that pocketed springs aren't supposed to be good for lower back problems, but I don't know the reason.  Would somebody in the know please explain this to me?
The springs felt very supportive for the time we were on the bed, so I would really appreciate an explanation about objections to them, and what, if anything, is considered better. I have had some lower back problems in the past, and I never want to go down that road again.

I asked the helpful saleslady what the gauges of the springs were, but she did not know. She is going to find out for me.

If I have any criticism of the beds at all, other than expense, it is they're not very easy to roll over on. On a queen sized bed, you pretty much need to be able to spin-roll in place anyhow, which was a little challenge with Hastens due to the lovely sinking-into the cushy horsehair filled topper. Perhaps on this bed you tend to fall asleep in place and not move all night? I am usually a back-side-stomach sleeper!

An interesting note--The sales lady said it is possible to buy any sample in the store at 20% off. You just have to wait until they get a replacement in from Sweden (14 weeks, I think) before you can take it home.

This message was modified Sep 12, 2007 by ecd90651

Recent Posts