Has anyone tried Bedinabox PacBed?
Aug 1, 2010 2:37 AM
Anyone have this bed? It comes in 9" and 11". Wondering how it compares to Tempur-pedic in firmness.
Re: Has anyone tried Bedinabox PacBed?
Reply #1 Apr 21, 2011 11:48 AM
I have been using my original tempurpedic mattress for 6 years and recently ordered a full-size BedInaBox Pac Bamboo 13".  In comparison to the orginal tempurpedic, the PacBamboo is definitely much softer.  I am not sure if it is because it has a thicker soft foam material over the top of the denser foam.  when you sit on it, it quickly sinks down but when you lie down on it, you don't sink down as far as your weight is distributed over larger area.  Is PacBamboo bad?  I don't think it is as simple as that because it all depends on the individual.  For me who like it very firm, it is too soft.  For my wife who also used the tempurpedic bed for 6 years found it to be acceptable. If you are looking for a mattress with the firmness of the original tempurpedic, the PacBamboo will be too soft.  There may be other lines from bedinabox that is firmer but from the info shown on their website, this appears to be the firmest of the mattresses. 

On the other hand, I did find ordering the mattress over the internet and having it shipped in a relatively compact box to your home was convenient and refreshing.  Depending on where you live, they can get it to your house in 1-3 days. 

Later, I also made a comparison to the local store selling Tempurpedic original bed of the same size.  They are giving away 2 tempurpedic pillows with the purchase of the tempur bed.  Although Tempur is more expensive, I found that after you include the 2 tempur pillows retailing for $99 each, the price differential between the full size original tempur vs Pacbamboo 13" full size bed is only by $250.  Not a huge price gap for tempur that has denser heavier foam.  with that said, bedinabox may be firm enough for some and it is a good deal if it fits someone's firmness preference. Perhaps it is a better comparison to some of the softer tempur mattresses. For me, it is too soft and I probably would stick with buying original Tempur again for a $250 price difference on a full size.

Recent Posts