Has anyone here used High Resilience PU foam for mattress?
Apr 21, 2017 1:33 PM
I'm thinking of it as as alternative to latex and just wonder what anyone's experience with it has been? I want to make a 2 sided mattress and am a side sleeper that sits up a bit in bed to read so looking for an ild that is supportive enough with enough give for the side sleeping, preferably in one piece, thinking of 6" 30 ild, maybe thicker. My couch cushions are regular hd36 and they are supportive enough, just could be a little softer for side sleeping. I know they are different foams so the resilience may make a difference that's why I'm asking. Thanks.
Re: Has anyone here used High Resilience PU foam for mattress?
Reply #1 Apr 24, 2017 2:23 PM
From what I have read online most side-sleepers benefit from a memory foam mattress that is thicker than 6". Can't remember where I read that, but I recall being suggested that side-sleepers are better off with a 8 inch thick more more mattress, more if they are heavyset.

Usually denser foams are going to last longer than plush foam mattresses. So a denser, firmer foam on a thicker overall mattress should be able to give you good comfort when sleeping. As for sitting up and reading in bed, usually not a good idea on foam mattresses, as it will compress the area where you sit with more weight and pressure. It will be noticeable over time.

TD Bauer

Recent Posts