Got a hand-me-down mattress, but no idea what bed frame it would go with!
Aug 15, 2017 12:56 PM
Hello! My boyfriend and I are moving out on a tight budget, and my brother let me have his queen size pillow top mattress. It seems to be in good shape and I think it was only used for a few years. He used a box spring with it, but I don't know if that is necessary. I was looking online, and it said most modern mattresses don't require box springs. I have been looking at platform beds, and now I'm even more confused: I had pretty much settled on one with a steel frame and wooden slats, but my boyfriend thinks it would be better to have one where the slats are steel as well. Unfortunately, I can barely find any that say the space between the slats is under 3", which was a guideline I found online. But I also think that guideline was mainly for wooden slats. Does anyone know? The metal slats are much slimmer than the wooden ones, for what it's worth. Also worth noting: my boyfriend has gastritis with acid reflux, a severe spinal injury, and what I believe to be undiagnosed sleep apnea (his doctor brushed it off, saying he can't have it since he's 25, but that's around the age my dad started getting apnea, and my boyfriend has many of the symptoms). So it's really important we get just the right setup!

Recent Posts