frustrated at this whole mattress shopping experience
Aug 10, 2011 2:02 AM
Hey guys,

I've been sleeping on a futon mattress for the past 8 years and I went to a chiropractor recently and found out I really need to get a good mattress. I went to Sit n Sleep and I found some pretty good mattresses. However, all of them felt great compared to the bad futon mattress. What made this mattress shopping absolutely horrifying and frustrating are the reviews I read, mainly on this site.

I can't remember the exact model or style, but the ones the store manager recommended were: simmons beautyrest black (around 2200 for queen), sleep to live (around 1700 for queen), serta icomfort (around 1200 for full XL).

For those three, I have found mainly bad reviews for various reasons and since this is not a cheap purchase, it really scares me.

I guess what scares me the most are

1. craters
2. defects
3. customer service and warranty

I've read some reviews saying most of the mattresses will have a indentation/crater within like 3-4 months of purchase and simmons's customer service is either not helpful or will do anything to get out of their warranty.

I'm sorry this thread isn't very organized. I am very very frustrated (not at you guys of course). Maybe you guys can give me some pointers?

Thanks!

Wynn

Recent Posts