Frustrated with latex mattress need help from latex gurus here!!!
Aug 1, 2011 3:16 PM
Hi all,

Thanks so much in advance for any insight, advice you can give. I'm desperate - I have to make this work. I’m soooooooo tired of researching mattresses and trying to find trustworthy sources among the many options. all the mattresses look so comfy and enticing online or store, its mind boggling...This is so very FRUSTRATING because I RESEARCHED for hours and hours, tried different beds in stores...argh

Mattress stats:
SleepEZ 8500. Layers - SMF from top to bottom

I’m side and stomach sleeper (but trying not to sleep on stomach so much, I know this isn’t good for lower back).

Problem:
Can’t seem to feel totally comfortable on this mattress. The main effect is soreness/pain in lower back that stays with me all day. Sometimes I also get pain in my upper body/shoulders sleeping on my side, it feels like everything is crushing down on each other.

I also tried SFM and MFM (just using layers we have already, nothing new from SleepEZ).

When I sleep on other beds I usually don’t have this problem. I recently slept on an Ethan Allen mattress, some type of foam I have no idea, but I had no problems, in fact it felt soft and supportive at the same time. my mom has a firm, simple Simmons mattress and while not super plushy, I don’t get low back pain from it.

Questions:

1. What config should I try next? very firm? Perhaps M, F, F or M, XF, XF? The top layer is only available in S or M. so those 2 configs would be about as firm as I could go…
  2. Foundation - Also right now we have the mattress on the floor because I’m not sure what foundation I’m supposed to use or that I want. Could having it on the floor cause low back pain? What type of foundation should I get? I wanted a simple wood platform bed, but its not been easy finding one I like in Cal King. If I get a latex wood slat foundation can I put that on top of a wood platform or would that just be way too high?

Recent Posts