Four Seasons all latex mattress
Oct 8, 2007 4:15 PM
Has anyone had any experience with this brand? I am interested in a queen size plush for about $1900. That is more than I would like to spend, but seems to be about the going price for an all latex bed. I need relief for arthritis in my shoulder, hip, and knees. I am getting desperate! Thanks for all the great info on this forum. I am finding it very helpful.
Re: Four Seasons all latex mattress
Reply #1 Oct 8, 2007 6:00 PM
sillymom wrote:
an all latex bed

Based on the Spring Air website information, the Four Seasons appears to have latex and visco foam layers over springs.  Absolutely nothing wrong with that configuration if it satisfies your personal comfort preferences . . just not a true "all latex" mattress.
Reply #2 Oct 8, 2007 9:12 PM
So is this manufacturer worthy of my cash? I do not want to waste $$$$ on an inferior product. Thanks for the help
Reply #3 Oct 9, 2007 9:37 AM
Okay, Sorry to be such a pain but, I went into the furniture store to see the "guts" of the four seasons all latex. It is indeed "all" latex. There are 4 new offerings from this company in this line. They are still making the original Four Seasons with the spring system, but the new offerings are all latex. Three different layers for the plush I am looking at buying. I am pretty well decided on it because I am running out of energy from lack of sleep. I was just hoping that some one at this wonderful forum would have had some knowledge of the product. Thanks for listening.

PS. I tried a tempur-pedic and spent 2 weeks with migraines and vomiting all night, then finally a major asthma attack. The smell never wore off. It was pretty comfy on my arthritis, but sort of defeated the purpose of getting a good nights sleep. After returning it, the rep said about 10% of buyers return it for that very reason. It seems that although the bed is supposed to be hypo-allergenic, some people are actually allergic or very sensitive to the chemicals used in production. Since then I am sleeping on an old futon that is about to kill me. The search continues....

Reply #4 Dec 31, 2007 3:03 PM
I bought the Four Seasons Nottingham for around $1900 for a Queen.   It feels super comfy and does provide support.  It is all latex 19 inches to the mattress so does provide a pillow of support.  I always sleep very soundy in it.  I think it might be a bit too soft however because I wake up with slight lower back discomfort..  I am 230 lbs 5ft 10" so maybe need a bit firmer mattress.  One thing that was difficult was the difference in turning to the side of the bed from my previous inner spring mattress.  When you turn to the side, it takes a bit of effort as there is minimal spring in the mattress.    It seems to slightly give a hammock feel, no indentations left but you slightly feel like you are slightly lower in your present position than the rest of the bed. 

Recent Posts