found some "deals" on latex in case anyone's interested
Jan 30, 2008 11:18 PM
I am not affiliated with this company and have never ordered from them and have no idea if they're good or not.
But in my search for a company selling Dunlop latex I found this and thought someone might be interested in these "close-out" deals they have:
http://www.foamorder.com/clearance.html#latex

Not even sure if these are great prices or not... So I just present this info for your consideration, nothing more.
Re: found some "deals" on latex in case anyone's interested
Reply #11 Feb 1, 2008 7:49 AM
IIRC, runs fairly true to size. Even though you're not a fan of talalay, think of the softer stuff as very high quality PU, w/o the disadvantages.

The "cuddlebed type" topper is just a bunch of poly fiber. It was comfortable, but I was using it primarily to protect latex for return. Not using it these days since latex sufficient, (and it's probably dust mite heaven). Wash in commercial front loader, IIR.
Reply #12 Feb 1, 2008 1:01 PM
Well, I just ordered two of the Brylane toppers, though I was leaning most lately toward all natural latex. I can at least get a feel of a latex topper and if it (and this particular density) will work for me. I have really been dragging my feet about hitting the "Buy Now" button, afraid that if it didn't work out, I'd either be out $250 +, or at least have to incur expensive return shipping and/or restocking fees. My total came to $121.97 with shipping and no matter what you return, Brylane only charges you $5.75 to send it back.

If they are too soft for lower back support they might be good for the shoulder and leg area with something firmer cut into the middle. We'll see...
Reply #13 Feb 2, 2008 2:34 AM
I really like it. It's not as thick as a regular fiber bed or feather bed. But, it has just enough fluffy filling to give it a comfy feel. And, it hasn't compressed at all. It has deep pocketed skirt, so it stays on very nicely. I bought a "spare" in case they ever stopped selling them. I haven't washed it yet, but I imagine it will be fine.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11189730&search=cuddlebed&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Sp=S&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=cuddlebed&Ntt=cuddlebed&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

kimmcgov wrote:
Beddybye: a Cuddle Bed sounds so dreamy. What is it filled with? Does it compress down much after time, and how does it wash up?

Recent Posts