Flobeds vs. Sleep EZ vs Others: Why the difference in price?
Apr 1, 2010 12:14 AM
Hi,

I've been lurking here for some time and I am grateful this community has been able to provide such insightful information relating to such an important and, lets face it, expensive purchase.

I recently had a chance to lay on a Savvy Rest dunlop mattress recently and the wife and I were were more than pleased. As I did my online research, a number of seemingly reputable companies were repeatedly mentioned: FloBeds, Sleep EZ, Savvy Rest, FoamSweetFoam, Rocky Mountain Mattress, Arizona Mattress, etc. By far, FloBeds and Sleep EZ are mentioned more so than any of the others. I've pretty much narrowed my options down to a purchase from either FloBeds or Sleep EZ (with Savvy Rest coming in at a close third). However, as I compare prices I am utterly astonished at the difference in price between comparable mattresses made by the FloBed Posture Deluxe and a comparable Sleep EZ Model, the 10,000. There is about a $650 difference in price. However, FloBeds' frequent promotions can often cut that difference down to about a $450 difference in price. Of course, FloBed mattresses also come with a 2" convoluted topper and Sleep EZ does not. It should also be noted that Sleep EZ does not charge shipping whereas FloBeds charges about $119 to ship the package to the East Coast. Thus, we have a potential difference in price of about $570-$770, keeping in mind, again, that FloBeds includes the convoluted topper. It should be noted that the foregoing is for the purchase of a blended Talalay latex mattress.

Thusly, I come to the crux of my question. Is FloBeds' customer service and/or product so superior to Sleep EZ to justify their price premium? It almost seems as if the Sleep EZ price, comparatively speaking, is too good to be true. I spoke with Dewey from FloBeds, and he was nothing short of courteous, informative and patient. I also spoke with Sean (Shawn?) from Sleep EZ, and while not as gregarious as Dewey, was still polite and informed. And despite Sleep EZ's "official" exchange policy described on their web site (one time only), many members of this forum have vouched for Sleep EZ, stating that Sleep EZ's exchange program is every bit as liberal/generous as FloBeds' policy. Any thoughts, comments, etc. would be greatly posted. 

Once I make my purchase, I promise to detail both my shopping experience and provide short and long-term reviews of my purchase. Thanks in advance.

Edit: As I'm I was reviewing the two web sites, I wished to amend my post to include the following: FloBeds Warranty: 20 years, prorated after 10 years; Sleep EZ: 15 years. Also, it should be noted that FloBeds mattress casing zips completely off while the Sleep EZ does not.

This message was modified Apr 1, 2010 by Jerseydevil

Recent Posts