Flobed & Euroslats - anyone like/dislike?
Mar 11, 2012 6:56 PM
Hi, everyone.

We've been trying to get our new Flobed 'comfortable' for a couple of months now, and are (unfortunately) about ready to throw in the towel, as NOTHING we've tried seems supportive AND comfortable.  (Basically no support and our backs hurt, or too firm and our pressure points like hips hurt - even with the V-Zone).  (That said, the Flobed guys have been absolutely great to work with and have tried their darndest to help us).

We have the Euroslats, and I'm really wondering if THAT'S what the issue is.

Does anyone have Euroslats with a Flobed and like or dislike them?

The weird thing (to me) about the Euroslats is that they are concave, and have a slight 'hump' / bend to them - which if you lie in the exact middle (top of the hump, so to speak), 'should' cause the slats to bend and distribute your weight.  But the one thing I've noticed is that if you don't lie in the exact center of the 'hump' left to right, the mattress seems to 'angle' downward toward wherever you're laying - which doesn't happen nearly as noticeably on a traditional mattress.

I picked up some 1/2'' plywood at Home Depot today, and am going to try the mattress on top of my old box springs with the plywood over it - basically to provide an absolutely 'level' surface.

We did try the mattress over the old box springs and found that we got a hump in the center with sloping toward either side of the bed, as the box spring 'edge' in the center of the bed provided more support than the springs themselves under the center of the mattress.  Weird.  So, the plywood is my attempt to rectify that - not a long term solution, but am curious as to what will happen..

Thx in advance for any / all feedback on using the Euroslats with the Flobed..I'm really thinking our bodies just aren't cut out for this type of foundation..

Recent Posts