First time poster - probably the usual questions.....
Apr 6, 2010 9:43 PM
Hello all,

I recently found this site while search for mattress reviews, to try and make some sort of educated purchase for a new bed, which I did not realize would be such a daunting task!  I appreciate anyone's time to reply.

Currently my wife and I are sleeping on a Queen mattress that I bought some 12 years ago when I left college for my first job.  I never realized how bad it had gotten until we both started sleeping on it, since I would always just sleep in the middle.  Nowadays, she'll migrate during the night to the middle, and I wake up sore and tired from my body fighting from rolling towards the middle.... so, time for a serious upgrade!

We both are back/side sleepers, and I tend to prefer a firm mattress.  As I read reviews on everything from the $500 sets to $1500, it seems everybody hates their bed! In my opinion a $1500 bed should do everything plus make you a cup of coffee in the morning! lol......I understand the basics of materials, but it seems everybody says they have to cut it and replace the materials... Is there nothing out there that would make a person happy with a stock mattress?  suggestions/recommendations please.

It's not that I'm against slicing it open and doing the work, I tend to enjoy customizing things, and would have no problem doing so, but I guess I'm looking for recommendations of matress sets to start looking at so that I have a solid foundation of a quality product that last, and when the time comes, can do the modifcations when needed.

Again thanks for your time, this first-time poster appreciates everyone's feedback and advice.

Recent Posts