Double sided innerspring mattresses = the way to go?
Nov 18, 2012 11:32 AM
After tons and tons of research, seems to me that trying to find a good firm innerspring double sided mattress is the way to go for budget saavy people wanting longevity from their unit.

I just can't afford latex, but I'm not spending tons of dough on a crap shoot 1 sided mattress that is going to only last 3-5-7 years.

Double sided mattress...I'm lookin for you!

It'll be a challenge, but I know they are out there somewhere.

Re: Double sided innerspring mattresses = the way to go?
Reply #1 Nov 30, 2012 11:24 AM
Ive have had mixed experiences with spring mattresses as I find their quality very much depends on your style of sleep. For those who toss and turn, I dont think they are the way forward. I think it depends on you
Reply #2 Nov 30, 2012 12:20 PM
The WJ Southard Archetype is an awesome mattress for what you explained you were looking for. Its made the same way by hand as mattresses were years ago. In addition it has no chemicals 25yr warranty (10full-15 prorated). Certainly worth the effort to looks at.

Joey

This message was modified Nov 30, 2012 by a moderator
Reply #3 Nov 30, 2012 8:24 PM
Depending on your location, the Original Mattress Factory sells quality, double sided mattresses in all types including latex and coil springs.  They are mostly out east.  That's what I had my daughter buy and then if she wanted to, she could try different latex toppers as needed.  I'm sure there are others but they might not have a national presence.

Recent Posts