Dormia ?
Feb 24, 2010 5:07 PM
http://www.dormia.com/company.asp

forgot how to put up link, friend of mine bought one 2 yrs ago and loves it...never heard of them
Re: Dormia ?
Reply #1 Feb 24, 2010 5:16 PM
I checked out their site.
Problem is, they don't really give you enough details to know what is really inside the mattress.
They never quite say there is ONLY latex and memory foam inside. So I suspect there IS some poly foam in there.
They mention that they use wool but I can't see how much wool.
They mention using a tri-zoned Dunlop latex layer but is it the core or is it just one of those $100 Dunlop tri-zone toppers I've seen on sale on some web site?

Maybe they just don't bother to tell us these things because they figure we don't need or want to know. OR maybe they are hiding the truth. Who knows?

All I know is, I would have to ask a lot of detailed questions before I would buy one.
I also don't like that they don't give prices.

My GUESS is that this is a mattress with poly foam in it that they are trying to pawn off to unwitting customers as being a "latex mattress". I could be wrong and will edit this post if I learn otherwise.

UPDATE: Ha! I was right! It has HR foam in it. I found this:
"High performance support base offers extraordinary comfort and unparalleled orthopedic support. This base is a higher grade (anti-microbial) version of polyurethane foam."

So while using latex on top of HR foam may not be terrible, I doubt it is worth the price they are asking for it. Whatever that is...?

Probably better than most S brand beds (that doesnt' take much!) but probably not worth the price, that is my best guess.
There is a store 1 mile away from me, maybe I'll stop in there just for fun and interrupt some salesman's personal phone calling time, one day...

Furthermore: I tried to find out where their store was. Their Store Locator function says the city but does not give an address! So I wrote them via their CONTACT address on their web site to ask where the store is located. The email came back to me "Undeliverable". Sounds like a pretty slip-shod organization.
This message was modified Feb 24, 2010 by jimsocal
Reply #2 Feb 25, 2010 6:32 PM
Hi Randy,

I read some bad reviews <a href="http://dormia-mattress.pissedconsumer.com/"target="_blank">here</a>, though granted the name of site says why!

Scroll down to read them.

Natalia
This message was modified Feb 25, 2010 by Natalia
Reply #3 Feb 26, 2010 9:32 PM
Before I bought my FloBed in 2007, I almost bought the Dormia Milan Latex Mattress.  After reading the negative reviews here, I am 100% sure I made the right decision.

Recent Posts