Don't know what else to consider doing....mattress suggestions?
Dec 8, 2010 12:05 AM
From 2005ish to 2009, I had a knock-off air mattress that at my younger age, slept fine.  It eventually leaked and I have been an unhappy sleeper since then.

In early 2009, went to the SAT bed but didn't like it.

Later in 2009, went to the FloBed which is what I have now.  I awake now every morning with moderate to severe tightness in the sacral area and laterally on both sides of my lower back.  I'm on a med over firm over firm grouping of layers.  Additionally, I tend to sleep in the middle of the bed and move around a bit, and I feel the separation between the two sides of the bed and it is annoying.  I ham seriously questioning staying with the FloBed and at times am ready to throw it away....the pain is approaching unbearable.  Within my 90 days, I switched out from firmer cores to softer, and have played with numerous combinations from med/firm/firm to soft/soft/med all with pain.

I am 6ft, 200 lbs, and honestly, seem to sleep on back, side and front at various stages through the night.

I am looking for suggestions on where to go from here.  I honestly don't know if I need a firmer mattress, a softer mattress, an inner-spring mattress or what.  I don't even care that it will cost me $5000 at this point.

So, will Temperpedic be essentially the same?

Thoughts about Select Comfort/Comfortaire?

Lastly, innerspring?  I've looked at Royal Pedic in a store here and they seem like an expensive possibility.

Any other thoughts?

I guess 1) how do I know what firmness level to get?  Are there any options scientifically/objectively to help make this decision?

Chris

This message was modified Dec 17, 2010 by texfire

Recent Posts