Does a Flobed require a slatted foundation?
Mar 10, 2010 11:16 PM
<p>So after all the rave reviews I've found here about Flobeds, I decided to check out their web site. I would definitely have to try out a latex mattress of some sort at my local retailers, just to see how it feels and if it produces the same back pain I get with a spring mattress, or if it gives the same comfort I felt with the Celebrity Bed. But I do have one question I'm hoping folks here can answer before I make any phone calls:</p>

<p>When I went through the "make bed" routine, just to see what they offered in queen beds, I noticed that all of the foundations were slatted. They had a section for "I already own a...", but among the options they listed, every single option was itself slatted. I'm wondering: Is the use of a slatted foundation some sort of requirement with a latex mattress (just like a solid, flat foundation is a requirement for foam mattresses)? I have a captain's bed with a "bunky board" (flat surface, not slatted), and I have no intention of getting rid of it. If using a solid flat foundation is no good with a latex mattress, that would rule out that option.</p>

<p>This hasn't (at least yet) stopped me from thinking about my earlier post, and buying a traditional spring mattress and re-using my existing 3" 4 lb memory foam topper with it. But I want to be sure I've looked at all options before I finally put down my money on this rather sizable investment.</p>

</p>- Joe -</p>

This message was modified Mar 10, 2010 by JLMoran1705

Recent Posts