DIY Tempurpedic or which clone is best?
May 15, 2011 2:54 PM
I've been researching beds off and on for a while now, and am really ready to buy something but it is very confusing. Every time I think I have figured out what to buy I read something negative about my choice and feel like I'm back to square one. I know that most people on here seem to prefer latex but I really like memory foam and would like to either build my own Tempurpedic or buy one of the look-alikes already put together. I was looking at Restava and was going to go with one of theirs but then I read somewhere that they are some other company renamed, and evidently the other company had a lot of complaints. But on Facebook they look okay....so I don't know. I was even thinking of bedinabox.com but then read negative reviews about them and I'm suspicious of all their postive feedback, not sure it is real (probably not).

So then I thought well I'll make my own with some poly foam, maybe 6 inches, and then maybe 1 inch of latex and maybe 3 inches of memory foam (based on a post here). As far as the Tempur beds I have tried them in the store and I like the Deluxe but loved the Cloud Supreme and Cloud Luxe in the shop (but maybe too soft?), and thought maybe the best bet was the Allura.

So please, can anyone tell me if any of the knock-off companies that make similar beds to TP are any good? And if not, is my best bet the DIY route? I simpy don't want to pay $4000+ for a bed because I know there are much cheaper alternatives.

Thanks!

Recent Posts