DIY Slat bed w/ Storage and Sleep EZ mattress!
Aug 21, 2009 10:50 PM
My wife and I ordered a Sleep EZ mattress a week ago, it got here today. I won't go over setup because it has been covered before, but it was straight forward and took 35min with the unboxing.

We went with a King, because... well, why not. But that meant we needed a new frame. Not one to go and buy a frame I decided to build our own. I figured if I could build a frame with hidden storage for less money than we could buy a simple steel frame I'd be crazy not to. I built it as 2 XL twins. 1x3 slats (actually 3/4in.x2.5in.) with 1in. spacing.
We cheaped out a bit on materials and went with OSB, so it looks a little weird, but it serves the purpose and best of all, the entire thing only cost $84.

We are just in a little apartment, so we are more concerned with practicality than looks.

Check out the mattress setup and the bed frame in our photobucket album.
http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/stevet47/DIY%20Latex%20BED/

In the pictures, the openings in the front have a piece that covers them to hide the storage, it just isn't on yet, I need to pick up some hinges. Looking back, I like the look of the exposed storage, I wish we would have stained the inside.

For those of you too lazy to look at all the pictures, here are the cliffsnotes:

This message was modified Aug 21, 2009 by stevet47

Recent Posts