diy mattress arrangement?
Nov 20, 2011 2:23 AM
Hello been lurking here a while reading.  Finally getting around to a new bed and decided to go with a combination of reg foam and latex to start with.  Would like people's imput on what  they think of the arrangement that I am starting with.  

First about me and wife.  both mostly side sleepers.  I am 5'11 and 250#  (not by choice work not helping that part) and wife is 5'2 and above 140.

Here is the arrangement I have decided to start with.  All from FBM

queen bed

base 4 or 5 inch of hd36-hq

then 2 inch of medium(ild 32) latex

and 1 inch of soft(ild20) latex

on top of box spring

Tryed some samples of latex from savvyrest that they sent.  thought that the 3 inches of soft talalay was to little support (do understand that the fbm latex is not the same) and the medium (believe was dunlop) had the feel that i was looking for.  Would liked to have gone with a full latex mattress but not in the cards at the moment.  Has anyone looked at the Denver mattress snowmass?  http://www.furniturerow.com/DenverMattressCo/Snowmass-Mattress-Group/Snowmass-Queen-Mattress-Set/prod130173/  Saw this online after having looked at  the diy latex 6 inch + other latex here on the forums.  Just wondering if it is a firm base and soft middle. for the price it comes close to the FBM build.  Would go and see but closest one is 1 1/2 hrs away and betting that would not be one in stock knowing my luck and not much other selection close by.

Thanks

Re: diy mattress arrangement?
Reply #1 Nov 20, 2011 2:26 AM
Also willing to look at other options.  MF, etc.

Recent Posts