Desperate for a good night's sleep. Looking at toppers.
Sep 25, 2011 5:25 PM
I have not had a good night's sleep for over four years due to hip pain...both sides.  I am only a side sleeper so have to be on one hip or the other.

Bought a new Simmons Beauty Rest for $2,000 two years ago but it was too soft and caused low back pain as bad as the hip pain.  Traded for the same mattress but in a firm.  Got a Costco topper and thought I would be all set.  Not. 

Then my husband got cancer and I was sleeping in a lot of cots and chairs in hospitals which didn't help, but still had the same issues when sleeping in my own bed but too worn out as caregiver to do anything about it.

My husband died last October and I'm just now beginning to function well enough to figure out that I have GOT to find a solution so I can get some sleep.  I was waking about every hour and a half to two hours and taking extra strength Tylenol, and putting on analgesic cream to be able to go back to sleep.  This would be sometimes as often as 5 or 6 times a night.

I found a new chiropractor who has helped some, but I still have to slather myself with analgesic and take Tylenol to go to sleep, and still wake up at least 2 or 3 times a night from the hip pain. (sometimes shoulder pain too, but it's nothing like the hip pain which is very deep pain)

I can see my Costco topper is beginning to sag, but it never really did give me relief from the hip pain.....please suggestions.  I don't know were to start.  I am 68 and am 5'3" and 155 pounds.

Thank you for pointing me in some direction to find relief.

Ginger

Recent Posts