Decent Innerspring Mattress + Talalay Latex Topper - Where to find topper??
Sep 13, 2011 3:02 AM
Hi,

I currently have a flotation mattress (soft-sided waterbed) and have pretty major back pain. So I think it's time to replace. I need the support of a good firm mattress, but cannot sleep at all on anything hard (hence my flotation bed).

Since I really don't know what's going to work yet, I want as much flexibility as possible. And unfortunately I can't afford a really top-of-the-line mattress right now, so I have to get 'creative' with about $1000-$1300 or so if possible.

It seems like getting a decent innerspring mattress with good firm support, maybe a mid-level pocketed-coil like Simmons or Stress-O-Pedic (local brand) would be the most recommended for support. Anyone concur here or have recommendations?

Then I could top it off with a decently thick 100% natural Talalay latex topper to give the comfort and pressure point relief I need. At least then if something doesn't work out I don't have to throw out the whole mattress like I do now.

• So does anyone know where I can find the latex topper in Southern California, specifically Los Angeles area?? I'm not having much luck finding anything.
  • If I need to order online, what's the most recommended dealers? Do any offer any kind of return poilicy or 'sleep guarantee' on the toppers? Doesn't seem like they do.

Since this is a big gamble, and I won't be able to tell much from the mattress alone (it will probably feel hard-as-a-rock), just trying to see the best route to go so I don't get stuck.

THANKS!

Recent Posts