Cuddlebed topper how it wash? Does the fiberfill ruin?
Jun 1, 2008 5:31 PM
Does the cuddlebed wash better than a pillow that gets destroyed in the washer?  Also does it compress after a few months?  Do you have to fluff it? 
This message was modified Jun 4, 2008 by Leo3
Re: Cuddlebed topper how it wash? Does the fiberfill ruin?
Reply #2 Jun 4, 2008 1:31 AM
Nope, not yet! :) I have a feeling that the fiberfill will hold up very well. Just make sure and use one of those large washing machines and dry it well in the dryer. It will probably fluff up nicely.

Leo3 wrote:
Hasn't anyone washed their topper yet?
Reply #3 Jun 4, 2008 2:32 PM
BeddyBye wrote:
Nope, not yet! :) I have a feeling that the fiberfill will hold up very well. Just make sure and use one of those large washing machines and dry it well in the dryer. It will probably fluff up nicely.

I don't have a "large" washer, normal large (if that makes sense) so it probably would ruin.  How long has everyone had those toppers, and have they compressed some?
Reply #4 Jun 5, 2008 12:41 AM
I'm sure it can probably be washed in a regular sized washer. I've washed large comforters and mattress pads without a problem. But, I was just thinking one of those industrial size washing machines at a laundromat might be even better.

The microgel fiberfil are in small, baffled squares and if washed and dried thoroughly, I don't see them being ruined at all. This CuddleBed has a 7 year warranty. And, since it's from Costco, I imagine even longer than that. It says machine wash and dry. See below:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?Prodid=11189730&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

Leo3 wrote:
I don't have a "large" washer, normal large (if that makes sense) so it probably would ruin.  How long has everyone had those toppers, and have they compressed some?
Reply #5 Jun 5, 2008 1:12 AM
BeddyBye wrote:
The microgel fiberfil are in small, baffled squares and if washed and dried thoroughly, I don't see them being ruined at all. This CuddleBed has a 7 year warranty. And, since it's from Costco, I imagine even longer than that. It says machine wash and dry.

Thanks Beddybye.  Is it actual gel?  I got a mattress topper from Ross that I didn't know had gel in it and it was as flat as a pancake, so I took it back.

Costco takes things back after 30 days?

I took the mattress cover off the latex toppers and just put the featherbed on it and I still can't feel the latex.  I wonder if the same thing would happen with the cuddlebed over the latex.  It just blocks the feeling of any cushioning I might get from the latex.  I hope I can find a stretchy cover still.
Reply #6 Jun 5, 2008 2:42 PM
you ask if Costco takes things back after 30 days? Are you kidding?  Costco takes back their items FOREVER.  I was in the return line taking something back one day, when someone wheels in a mattress and boxspring on a flatbed to return it.  I immediately noticed that this mattress was a 2 sided/flippable mattress, and knowing that all the big manufacturers stopped making flippable mattresses around 2003, I thought I'd look on the law label to see when this bed was made.  It was made in 2002!!!!

So, the person that brought this bed set back to return, had bought this bed at Costco in 2002!!! Slept on it for that long (6 years?) and after it was done with it's lifespan (because even back then, beds were made with cheap foam, and naturally were not going to last the 10 years in the warranty time table) was bringing the bed back for their money back! 

Can you believe what some people will do?  That is why people buy things at Costco.  They use them up, and when they are "done" with whatever they bought, they bring it back to get their money back.  Almost like renting something.  This is what drives the prices up higher and higher, because as a business, Costco is not in it as a rental company, they're in it to SELL things and see a profit, like most businesses run.

It used to be that Sears ran their business this way---you could return something for forever to Sears, and get your money back.  Not anymore.  And Target, well, they sure stiffened up their return policy--even if you return something you bought there, with a receipt, you only have 90 days to do it, or you're SOL. 

So, the *short* answer (ha) is, yes, Costco does take returns after 30 days!!!! lol . . .

Reply #7 Jun 6, 2008 3:30 AM
Actually, I was thinking of the fiber bed I have which has the microgel fibers. It's not "gel" as we think of it. Anyway, wrong product! :) It's also a nice topper, but I can't sleep on fiber or featherbeds. TOO cushy for my back.

I wouldn't worry about the CuddleBed. It's made by Hollander which is a good bedding company. It's high quality and I can't see it being ruined when you wash it. But, as I said, you can always take it back to Costco if you're unsatisified after you launder it.

Leo3 wrote:
Thanks Beddybye. Is it actual gel? I got a mattress topper from Ross that I didn't know had gel in it and it was as flat as a pancake, so I took it back.

Costco takes things back after 30 days?

I took the mattress cover off the latex toppers and just put the featherbed on it and I still can't feel the latex. I wonder if the same thing would happen with the cuddlebed over the latex. It just blocks the feeling of any cushioning I might get from the latex. I hope I can find a stretchy cover still.
This message was modified Jun 6, 2008 by BeddyBye
Reply #8 Jun 6, 2008 3:36 AM
But, they've caught on. They no longer do this with most of their electronics, such as TVs, computers,printers, etc. I was just there looking at their LCD flat panel TVs and picked up a little brochure. It's their new policy for returning these items. You have 90 days, BUT Costco also automatically extends the warranty another 2 years. I think this is fair. I don't think it's good practice to bring back an old television or computer or whatever on a forever basis. Nor a mattress, for that matter! Sheez. And, people wonder why the pricing goes up. Someone has to pay for it, just as you said. It takes all kinds, doesn't it? It's all about greed and basically, being dishonest. :(

justjulie19 wrote:
you ask if Costco takes things back after 30 days? Are you kidding? Costco takes back their items FOREVER. I was in the return line taking something back one day, when someone wheels in a mattress and boxspring on a flatbed to return it. I immediately noticed that this mattress was a 2 sided/flippable mattress, and knowing that all the big manufacturers stopped making flippable mattresses around 2003, I thought I'd look on the law label to see when this bed was made. It was made in 2002!!!!

So, the person that brought this bed set back to return, had bought this bed at Costco in 2002!!! Slept on it for that long (6 years?) and after it was done with it's lifespan (because even back then, beds were made with cheap foam, and naturally were not going to last the 10 years in the warranty time table) was bringing the bed back for their money back!

Can you believe what some people will do? That is why people buy things at Costco. They use them up, and when they are "done" with whatever they bought, they bring it back to get their money back. Almost like renting something. This is what drives the prices up higher and higher, because as a business, Costco is not in it as a rental company, they're in it to SELL things and see a profit, like most businesses run.

It used to be that Sears ran their business this way---you could return something for forever to Sears, and get your money back. Not anymore. And Target, well, they sure stiffened up their return policy--even if you return something you bought there, with a receipt, you only have 90 days to do it, or you're SOL.

So, the *short* answer (ha) is, yes, Costco does take returns after 30 days!!!! lol . . .
This message was modified Jun 6, 2008 by BeddyBye
Reply #9 Jun 6, 2008 3:43 AM
I have my CuddleBed over the DreamCoil topper. The latex is inside my mattress under a lightly quilted polyfil zippered cover. The CuddleBed isn't as thick and deep as a featherbed. It doesn't shift around under my back like it, either. I can still feel the support and whatever "feel" that latex gives, I'm sure. But, I also have the LuraFlex springs. So, with the DreamCoil topper and the "innards" of my bed, it all seems to feel just right!

Leo3 wrote:
I took the mattress cover off the latex toppers and just put the featherbed on it and I still can't feel the latex.  I wonder if the same thing would happen with the cuddlebed over the latex.  It just blocks the feeling of any cushioning I might get from the latex.  I hope I can find a stretchy cover still.
Reply #10 Jun 6, 2008 1:17 PM
BeddyBye wrote:
I have my CuddleBed over the DreamCoil topper. The latex is inside my mattress under a lightly quilted polyfil zippered cover. The CuddleBed isn't as thick and deep as a featherbed. It doesn't shift around under my back like it, either. I can still feel the support and whatever "feel" that latex gives, I'm sure. But, I also have the LuraFlex springs. So, with the DreamCoil topper and the "innards" of my bed, it all seems to feel just right!

You have one Brylane topper right?  The quilted cover you have is that part of your mattress?  I couldn't anything about the LuraFlex springs to read about online.
Reply #11 Jun 7, 2008 1:07 AM
No, I returned the Brylane latex topper. I don't want any more latex toppers. I don't mind them inside my mattress, but I need something with a different feel on the outside. I found it in the Dream Coil. It doesn't "sink" or flatten out.

Here is the Leggett & Platt website. They make the LuraFlex open offset coils.

http://www.beddingcomponents.com/innersprings.asp

http://www.beddingcomponents.com/lura-flex.htm <-----------click on the PDF file and it comes up instantly.

Yes, the quilted cover is zippered. http://www.baybed.com/mattresses.htm

Leo3 wrote:
You have one Brylane topper right?  The quilted cover you have is that part of your mattress?  I couldn't anything about the LuraFlex springs to read about online.

Recent Posts