Costco Novaform Comfortluxe?
Nov 15, 2007 8:11 PM
I was thinking of trying Costco Novaform Comfortluxe mattress a shot when it goes on sale next week. Costco online allows returns (they even pay for the return!), so it is a risk free trial. I read lots of positive comments about this mattress.... but other comments are totally opposite.

Does anyone who weighs 215lbs or so have any problems on the Comfortluxe from Costco?

I am really confused. Some people in that weight range say it supports fine, then I read another post that says if you are over 200lbs you will sink through the mattress entirely.

Thoughts?

Re: Costco Novaform Comfortluxe?
Reply #1 Nov 15, 2007 8:30 PM
Foam Nerd
I have a growing suspicion that the densities and ILDs of foam vary a lot. The cheaper the product, the larger the variations are likely to be. It's perfectly possible that there have been some particularly soft mattresses. Combine that with a big guy, and you have a problem.
Reply #2 Nov 15, 2007 8:39 PM
That might explain the varied reviews. Some people at 200lbs say its fine, others say they sink through.

Hmm, its so hard to buy beds now that they are such expensive purchases. I actually like the idea of a latex bed and liked the Sealy Springless mattress.
SleepEz and Flobeds are just a bit too much for me as they are almost $3,000 for a California King size.

I was hoping the costco one would be a cheaper alternative :)
Reply #3 Nov 15, 2007 9:09 PM
Foam Nerd
novahelp wrote:
That might explain the varied reviews. Some people at 200lbs say its fine, others say they sink through.

Hmm, its so hard to buy beds now that they are such expensive purchases. I actually like the idea of a latex bed and liked the Sealy Springless mattress.
SleepEz and Flobeds are just a bit too much for me as they are almost $3,000 for a California King size.

I was hoping the costco one would be a cheaper alternative :)

SleepEZ should be considerably less than that. I assume you are including one of these company's foundations?
Reply #4 Nov 15, 2007 11:23 PM
I am looking for a California King.  I think I will need at least 3 layers as well as a base.
$1275 is the starting point for the 8500 model. Which I don't think would be a good one for my size, i likely need the 10000 model which is $1450.

I will also need a base I assume which adds another $450 for the king I guess?

Also, my mistake. Flobeds is the one that gets to close to $3000

This message was modified Nov 15, 2007 by novahelp

Recent Posts