Convoluted Latex Foam Mattress Topper to fight hot spots? - inviting comments
Mar 14, 2009 11:25 AM
Not sure where to post this...

Does anyone here sleep on a convoluted Latex Mattress Topper?

I can't do Tempur-pedic - as I feel like it reflects too much heat back in spots and it wakes me up in the night. I don't feel too warm anywhere else, just in those hot spots - but I have to move to a cool spot and that goes on every little bit.

Had a plush Serta Blissful Dream II from Great Indoors with convoluted latex and something else called Kool Komfort foam that I loved - but after 18 months it sagged and got impressions that were permanent.

A high-end Sterns & Foster with individually wrapped coils felt like it built up heat and reflected it back - just in the spot where my shoulders and back are.

I have also tried sleeping on a totally organic wool mattress topper (hot spots there too).

So - it's a dilemma.

Foam made out of petroleum ends up feeling like sleeping on plastic (to me).

If I ever go to a hotel with one of those protective pads (synthetic?) under the mattress pad, it feels like plastic and I can't sleep on it.

So I'm looking for something that feels "breathable" and does not do the heat-reflecting thing.

I use a 100% cotton mattress pad and 100% cotton jersey sheets. I like the feel of egg-crate or convoluted. If I can just get the breathable thing figured out, I'll be fine.

Comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

This message was modified Mar 14, 2009 by BedSaga

Recent Posts