Comfort adjustment - to 24 or 28?
Mar 9, 2012 1:02 AM
Have a latex bed that's 6" of 36 ILD + 2" waaaay too soft 14 ILD.  I can get a one-time comfort adjustment so I've been trying to decide what to swap the 14 ILD for. It can be any of the Latex international range, but its not possible for me to test out any of them before I make a decision.

All I know is the 14 is too soft and I sink down too far and hit the 36. The all-36 bed I tested (when I was in the store prior to puchase) was too hard. There was one with 2" of something in the 28-30 range over 6" of 36. That one actually felt pretty good on my back, but not so good on my side&shoulders.

So I've been thinking 24 might be a good bet midway between the 14 and 36 - but I'm confused by so many references to 24 as being "soft." Would I be sinking thru and ending up in a hole, like I do with the 14?.

I keep having this nagging feeling that a better route to take might be to go for the 28 instead, for my top 2" (since I know it was good for my back) and then if I need to, I can fine tune the softness with a one inch topper.

On the other hand - sure would be good to nail it, if 24 really is the better choice!

So my question for yall.... what makes sense for a F in the 135-145 lbs range? And, is there really all that much difference between 2 inches of 24 and 2 of 28?    If I could get the same or similar back support of the 28, but with slightly more cush for shoulder and other joints, that could be the way to go.

Another thing Im considering is adding a little bit of 44 or 50, something REALLY firm for underneath the 36 ILD, between the mattress and platform, but maybe that's a post for another time. Box spring sags too much, but platform makes the mattress definitely harder - can feel it under the mattress.

Thanks in advance for any and all input!!

Recent Posts